Can this engine swap be done? 2000 Monte Carlo

deathcards i forgot thats another problem ive seen with them. And hotdog it seems to me like it is cracked or your head gaskets blown again but you say u cant tell it in your oil? that sounds funny. The white smoke could be a couple of things tho. your valve seals might be gone

kinda funny found oil in my coolant but no coolant in my oil :blink:

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Well I put a gallon of radiator fluid in it the other day and I was thinking oh crap this is not good so I checked the overflow and it looked ok and pulled the dip stick and the oil looked clean and normal. That is another reason I think its the head because you dont just lose coolant like that. I am thinking that the coolant has filled one of the cylinders but has not made it to the oil yet. The car had been parked and not drove since.

i know there was also a problem with the plastic plenum they used but never found out what it was

butmy bet is on the head gasket or the lower intake manifold

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

intake might be messed up to, hard to tell best thing to do is jus dive in head first and get u a shop light n start looking around.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

from the sounds of it your mechanic friend also blows white smoke out his ass, you got an internal head gasket leak, as in your coolant is gettin into the intake and bein burnt. just remember those gaskets dont need rtv, big mistake people and admitedly me before doing a number of gaskets. also if you dont properly torque the head in the proper sequence leaking is inevitable. replace the manifold gasket while youre at it, unless the gasket says its reusable (paper gaskets not reusable) if your lifters and pushrods were replaced did you have the valve lash corrected?

one little mistake fucks the whole thing up.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

When I bought the car I drove it 3 months and had to replace the rear head and gasket in it because it cracked. drove the car about 30,000 miles then it blows a head gasket so i get a complete rebuild kit with push rods,lifters and a metal head gasket and had someone rebuilt it. Ran great for about 10,000 miles and from experience it looks like another head or gasket must be cracked again. I have white smoke pouring out the exhaust but I have not seen any oil in the radiator and the oil looks fine does not smell or have a milky color to it.

If its got white smoke from exhaust it could also be the piston rings, maybe when you blew the head gasket the rings also got fucked up.

Edit just read the part of losing coolant. I almost wonder if you may have a cracked block at the water jacket, because a mechanic should be able to install an intake manifold with gasket pretty easily.

Edited by bassface

When I bought the car I drove it 3 months and had to replace the rear head and gasket in it because it cracked. drove the car about 30,000 miles then it blows a head gasket so i get a complete rebuild kit with push rods,lifters and a metal head gasket and had someone rebuilt it. Ran great for about 10,000 miles and from experience it looks like another head or gasket must be cracked again. I have white smoke pouring out the exhaust but I have not seen any oil in the radiator and the oil looks fine does not smell or have a milky color to it.

If its got white smoke from exhaust it could also be the piston rings, maybe when you blew the head gasket the rings also got fucked up.

Edit just read the part of losing coolant. I almost wonder if you may have a cracked block at the water jacket, because a mechanic should be able to install an intake manifold with gasket pretty easily.

if hes got a cracked block an intake manifold and gasket wont fix the problem.. cracked block means new engine time as its not cost efficient to pay to repair it. But the part about the piston rings is a definite possibility.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 3 weeks later...