DC Sound Lab

Carbon Fiber Cones! Who wants one?

Ok so yall have seen some of the posts and asked when they will be available, well I am here with some news.

The Carbon Fiber Cones are now available in 10" and 18" models. The 12" and 15" are still in the process of being tooled.

Current lead time for these cones is 2-4 weeks from the time you place an order. If the demand goes up, more molds will be tooled to accommodate and should bring that lead time down.

These cones are not going to serve any practical use for 99% of you, they will be purely cosmetic. If you have issues with cones folding or tearing, then they will serve a practical purpose for you.

The CF cones are currently only going to be available in black, if you would like a custom color please let me know and I will look into it and see if it can be done.(PLEASE ONLY ASK IF YOU ARE SERIOUS)

If you would like to consider adding this to your order, please post in the following thread. Just let us know either the sub that you would like to order with the CF Cone option or what sub you would like to recone with the CF Cone option.

With the Carbon Fiber Cone option, you will also need the CF Dustcap. These are currently available in Black, Blue, and Red.

These cones are not cheap to make, please be realistic and only ask if you are serious about wanting one.

http://www.stevemead...-reqest-thread/

10" Carbon Fiber Cone with Wide Roll Surround- You can see the CF cone here, but it will be covered up by the dustcap on the 10" version of this cone.

1658cd75.jpg

3543dea4.jpg

18" CF Cone with Black CF Dustcap

559365_10150836275484846_818234845_9446501_1398170568_n.jpg

380368_10150836223794846_818234845_9446446_1474304241_n.jpg

Edited by CJ18

Those are sweet!

Out of curiosity, about how much are they?

Yo CJ would this take over the AR Cone/Surround Upgrade??

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

The cf cone is purely sex appeal for 99% of sub owners. It is obviously much stronger than the paper cones, but unless you are an extreme competitor and feeding 10k+ to one sub or have severe loading issues that cause you to destroy cones, then the cf cones serve no purpose other than looking sweet.

When I get my subs in a few months I may get those added on, damn those are sexy

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I have been asked this question on another forum and just want to go ahead and address it here now.

The CF cones are only available as an option to be added to new sub or recone orders, they will not be sold individually as just the cone at this time. We can build a recone for most subs, so if you woud like one for your sub, please just let me know what you have and I will find out if one can be built for you.