Second Skin Audio

audio que hdc312 break in

Just knock the gain down until so there isn't enough excursion to rip the spider. Run like this and push on the cone just a tad every now and then when your system is off to feel how much it has loosened up then start bumping your gain a little to match. Eventually you will arrive with a fully broken in sub, this is what I have done with all of mine so far and haven't had any issues usually takes a few weeks depending on how much time you're in your car. I know AQ subs are legendarily stiff so it may take you longer I suppose. Some people like to play test tones for a long-ass time to break in subs.

I'm gonna hate

just play it normal and you will be fine.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Just say no to sub-woofer break in.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

just free air that shit on about 25hz for a few min and you'll be good to go

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly do you think the benefit is to a looser sub?

It's not like an engine where you want all the parts to heat up and cool down at the same rate.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

cause playing the woofer "normally" will loosen it up faster than playing it at half power/volume

Well, obviously, but what about all the ripped spider horror stories? Thought you only broke them in at low power to prevent that.

I'm gonna hate

If a spider is going to rip, then it will rip regardless of how you play it before it rips. If a spider rips, or you tear a surround, or you bust a triple joint, or toast a tinsel lead, it is because YOU were doing something YOU weren't supposed to. OR something the sub wasn't designed to do.

Subs are stupid. they do what you want them to. If you have them do something stupid, then bad results may follow.