Sundown Audio

Customer is stupid. your box is fine.

just don't bet him the box works on one of those "we'll replace it if it breaks" deals

he'll clip them to all hell and demand new woofers.

soooo yeah, have him come on here and quit spewing his bullshit

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

that sounds almost like a a-trends e12dtv pre fabbed box

never used a prefab box, never will :good:

also that e12dtv box isnt close to 4 cubes, its 3.9 gross before any port or woofer displacment, in all reality that box is 1.25 cubes per chamber.

I wish i could say i never used prefab lol. all prefab is shit, aside from sealed if it's proper volume. even then it's cheaper to make your own.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Customer is stupid. your box is fine.

just don't bet him the box works on one of those "we'll replace it if it breaks" deals

he'll clip them to all hell and demand new woofers.

soooo yeah, have him come on here and quit spewing his bullshit

he didnt buy shit from me except the box....so Iam not going to replace anything. Iam throw the box in my car with a set of memphis m3's and give it a try.

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

he kept saying 2cu ft per sub....Iam at 3.28cuft with 14.6sqin of port per cu ft.....like I said, not my design....just something I found net surfing, that someone else said worked for them

4 cubes honestly is ideal as their recommended is 1.75-2.25, some people have gone as large as 2.5 per woofer

my best box was 4.4 cubes with a single 6" aero, killed the lows, built one for my buddy that was 4.2 cubes, 12.2" of port tuned to 33hz and plays musically fully down to about 25hz or so.

For your buddies box how come you wnt for 12 inches of port?

what would have happened if you went with say 16 inches of port.

Sorry for the thread jack just interested in the box specs for these.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

he kept saying 2cu ft per sub....Iam at 3.28cuft with 14.6sqin of port per cu ft.....like I said, not my design....just something I found net surfing, that someone else said worked for them

4 cubes honestly is ideal as their recommended is 1.75-2.25, some people have gone as large as 2.5 per woofer

my best box was 4.4 cubes with a single 6" aero, killed the lows, built one for my buddy that was 4.2 cubes, 12.2" of port tuned to 33hz and plays musically fully down to about 25hz or so.

For your buddies box how come you wnt for 12 inches of port?

what would have happened if you went with say 16 inches of port.

Sorry for the thread jack just interested in the box specs for these.

i went with 12" of port because thats the recommended specs for those subs

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently run sa-12's at 1 ohm on my skar 1500. In a scion tc, hatchback car. Anything under 4 cubes in my car is choking the subs and they will need extra power probably 2000 watts. My box is 4.2 net and tuned low, 27hz, but my car peaks at 39 and I hit 144db's.

Your customer is right that it is recommended 2 cubes each but he's a dumbass for running the hifonics at .5 ohms and claiming sundown parts, the only thing sundown is his subs.

I'd recommend for normal listening to be 4 cubes net and tuned to 33.5-32hz, if he listens to lots of higher bass like 45hz I'd go tuned to 35. Good luck with ur "intelligent" sundown internal customwr

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

What vehicle is the ignorant customer putting this setup in ? And I'd agree with the ladder ... 4.0-4.5 between 32-35 is perfect high and low as far as design ... I have identical subs on sundown 1200d at 1 ohm and they share port and chamber and they SLAM !!! Although my box is rather large =\ (5.1 cubes after sub and port tuned around 35-36) but they sound badass and get loud !!! Perfect musical setup =) not spl friendly though

1.6 cubes per sub tuned to 36hz in my car = 155+ db. Your box is 100% cool and should be just fine. If I were to make one suggestion it would be to swap out for aeroports 3 4" ports would be perfect and fucking loud.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz