Sonic Electronix

Ok i'm kind of caught in a dilema, I get my car back in a month or two, and i need to know what i'm going to use for a system.

I have 4 12's

2 pioneers - 4ohm single voice coil - 800 watts max each and 150watts rms each

1 insignia - 4 ohm dual voice coil 1800 watts max and 600 watts rms

1 volfenhag - 4 ohm dual voice coil 2500 watts max and 1200 watts rms

I have 1 sony amp that is rated at # 1200W peak power

# 500W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, bridged

# 250W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms

# 200W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms

I obviously do not want to run all 4 of these off of my amp. I was thinking of either wiring the insignia and volfenhag to 2 ohms and using just them.

The other option is using the 2 pioneers, i don't know if that would be a good choice.

When i run all these subs off of my home setup, the 2 pioneers are louder then the volfenhag and insignia put together for some reason.

I will most likely end up selling 2 of these subs and going with the other 2.

I would like some advice as to which 2 subs would be the best running off of this amp. Thanks. :)

or sell all of them and get 1 sub thats better then all of them put together?

^^^^^^^ what he said ;)

looking at what you got, nothing is going to give you the optimum output out of the system.

You could try and wire the amp down to 2 ohm and see how it does with either D4 sub. The amp may or may not like to be run in a lower ohm load.

I would try to pan your stuff off to friends and get different stuff. At least a different amp.

Keep the 2 pioneers and pawn the rest?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived