Sundown Audio

buying stetsom 14k2E bad idea?

dblovah51

I ordered a pair for a buddy and searched some reviews and haven't really seen any positives about them, mainly amplifier blowing on turn on so Im trying to see if anyone was successful with the use of them or prevention tips..heard the 14k2d was the better deal but none were available

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

For tips: Don't mount them on anything that vibrates. They have lots of heavy parts on the board

And don't run them below their rated impedance

Yea I've learned about bolting amplifiers in vibrating areas the hard way, but I've heard a rep from stetsom say it'll b fine down at .7 own...it won't be below 1ohm for now with this set up. But planned to run them lower with the new setup

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

TRY? Aren't they suppose to do 11k at 2ohm lol

I think he is saying it wont do rated.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

They are already order so I'm kinda stuck and disappointed, I ddnt take the time out to realize the model was the E and not D, so when I caught on I went to see reviews and haven't had any good news so far

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Whats the difference between the E and D. And I thought Stetsom was reputable and never knew they didint do rated but really never cared much either way because I will never have a build that needs 14K lol

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived