Sundown Audio

buying stetsom 14k2E bad idea?

dblovah51

"D" is the older version...but even the 14k's popped on turn on, team mates went through 3 of them before having them repaired and selling off. "E" is the newer version.

actually just seen 2 of the 3 at Slamology, still working after the original repairs where done...

negative there buddy D can play from 10 to 18 volts.... E is 12 volt only gos into protect at 14.6 volts iirc 10 to 14.6 volts

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Bassick, you hate these amps don't you?

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

Well we bought the 2 14kes one blew up at a show as he turn the head unit on to demo (smoke like crazy), sent it away for repairs got it back installed it, turned on the head unit poof the other one went up in smoke! WTF is wrong with these friggin amp. The repair guy for stetsom tld me its possible in any amps. NO ITS TO COMMON IN STETSOM AMPS

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

We were loaned a 14ke to test with last season, the night before a comp we tested the van a good 5-8 burps, charging in beween. the next day we drove the van out of the shop and into the lanes (comp was held at the same shop that weekend) and turned it on, and snap crackle pop!! lmao

Team XD actually clamped my boy´s 14K , he´s a member on team boricuas sin miedo along with pipo, he has a 270A mechman alternator and 8 shuriken batteries, Tony actually gave it a little bit more gain and results were the same, we couldn´t get more than 8K @ 1.8 ohms iirc on a good electrical dropping to 12.8v , that car is LOUD as hell and it actually sounds amazing on music, the amplifier could take tons of abuse, but, i don´t think that amp can put more than 10K if you are lucky, i agree with my boy alpine on this one!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well we bought the 2 14kes one blew up at a show as he turn the head unit on to demo (smoke like crazy), sent it away for repairs got it back installed it, turned on the head unit poof the other one went up in smoke! WTF is wrong with these friggin amp. The repair guy for stetsom tld me its possible in any amps. NO ITS TO COMMON IN STETSOM AMPS

Did you buy the new 14kes or the 14ke? The es replaced the e series a few months ago and according to Jefferson are suppose to be more reliable, machine constructed vs human assembly line, did Demetric bond repair them?

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

They are the new ones the ES, and repair was done by gustavo at mega repair, the first one he repair hasn't bin put to the test as yet because the second one blew right after the repaired one was installed so we ddnt play the system to rate his repair on first one, just packed that shit up and shipped it away it very frustrated when someone pulls out $4,600 on 2 amps and hasn't gotten to turn his head unit on more than 5 times without them blowin up.

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

same story around me, stetsoms going up on turn on, then getting sold away after repairs.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived