C1500 build. DC 9.0K, dual singer 350a, air suspension and Fi audio

this is what i got coming in a few weeks
Level 4 700R4/4L60 - Rated to hold up to 800HP.
Installation and extended warranties available
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gifDBox_Border_Left_MidDiv.gifclear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Right_MidDiv.gifclear1x1.gif Features
  • Level 4 700R4/4L60-with converter of your choice from 1600 to 2400 stall!
  • Installation and extended warranties available
  • (Depending on your Cam Specs) I have the conversion kits here for an additional hundred dollars. This includes a filler tube and dipstick, TV cable, and special bracket to make sure your geometry is correct for carbureted or fuel injection applications. Transmission does come with tail housing if needed at no extra charge!
  • • All new lip seals
  • • All new gaskets
  • • All new Teflon rings
  • • New filter
  • • Reinforced forward drum with pressed-in hardened sleeve
  • • All new steels
  • • All new bushings
  • • All new Raybestos Clutches
  • • All new double-gauged sprags
  • • Full Competition, Reverse Pattern Valve Body
  • • Raybestos Z-pak
  • • Beast Sun Shell 3x thicker than factory
  • Transmission comes with tail housing if needed.
  • This Level 4 transmission comes with an Mad Dog Reprogramming Kit, Mad Dog shift kit, and Raybestos 15 clutch Z-pak which is top of the line and can take tons of horse power and torque (replaces factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum), all Raybestos high temp high energy clutches through out the rest of the unit, all new steels, band, bushings, and rings. A 500 boost valve, 10 vane pump rotor. The reason we run a 10 vane pump rotor and not a 13 vane pump rotor is because the more vanes it has in it weakens the rotor. We also use 4140 hardened pump rings. We machine a specialized bronze ring to re-enforce the hardened input shaft and drum. this is a MUST for BIG HORSE POWER Applications. Built with TEFLON pump bushing, a 29 element double-gauged sprag, 4 pinion planetary gear (which has also been cold-freezed to withstand big horsepower and torque), 3" wide high-temp Pro-Series Kevlar band, Corvette Servo/Super Sonnax 4th gear Servo and a Super heavy-duty Sun Shell.
  • We discard the oem factory, plastic accumulators and run Sonnax aluminum accumulators to ensure a quality shift every time.
  • Now offering full competition Trans-brakes for you Bracket-Racer Enthusiasts looking for a consistent 60 foot time!!!
  • NOTE: Let us know what type of shift you want. We can custom build each valve body for your application.
  • Stage 1 is a factory shift.
  • Stage 2 has a nice crisp shift and at wide open throttle it will put you in your seat.
  • Stage 3 is for that Saturday night special. Be warned stage 3 shift is very violent!
  • I have been building transmissions for over 26 years. I'm a former NHRA Drag Racer. It's always best to put top of the line components in the transmission, however if you don't install them properly and check all your clearances, etc., ANY transmission will fail. We provide excellent technical support.
  • Installations are available on all our transmissions.
  • These transmissions are a direct replacement for your GM vehicle. No modifications or custom tuning necessary.
  • The 700R4 is a true, 4-speed overdrive transmission and does not require a computer. Our units offer great performance and better gas mileage.
  • If you are looking for an overdrive transmission for your old school vehicle, we can do the complete installation or send you our conversion kit.
  • Extended warranties are available on all our transmissions.

Don't do the stage 3

• Stage 2 has a nice crisp shift and at wide open throttle it will put you in your seat.
  • Stage 3 is for that Saturday night special. Be warned stage 3 shift is very violent!

It's cool for like the first month. After that it gets really annoying 85% of the time. Also make sure your torque convertor matches your cam.

I didn't know they were hollow. I guess I should do that with mine

its hollow.. with 2 kicker 15 l7 it would flex like crazy. hopefully the great stuff helps it

If you cut it open like I did, PL premium 8x some MDF and some steel should reduce the flex. But even with all that done I'm gonna fill any residual area with the big gap formula.

Don't do the stage 3

It's cool for like the first month. After that it gets really annoying 85% of the time. Also make sure your torque convertor matches your cam.

i know that. i had built transmissions before.. i got tired of it in less than a year... i also have a big cam on it so i know which cam to get

I don't know why I haven't been subbed to this build sooner. Glad to see the tranny choice, especially when they're built by the right guy. Nothing beats a crisp shifting 700R4. I only had 3.08s in my '90 and had mild work done. It was hard to beat at the track for 60 ft time. The 295s on the back helped a lot I guess...

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Why a 60/700r4 and not a 80e? Weight and case size too much? My first guess is it'll be to large for when you're fully dumped...

80e's are BRUTALLY strong..it took a 550hp 408lsx on a 200 shot to with a shitty SHITTY stall to break a stock 80e in my buddy Josh's stepside... The first gear is the same as a th400, that's the reason I don't like them. 3.06 first gear in the 60e's/700r4's is the tits on a daily.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

the 4l80e would have run me over 4k plus the headaches of wiring and tuning a stand alone ecm for the electronic transmission.. the 700r4 is a fun transmission and not much of a headache

Why a 60/700r4 and not a 80e? Weight and case size too much? My first guess is it'll be to large for when you're fully dumped...

80e's are BRUTALLY strong..it took a 550hp 408lsx on a 200 shot to with a shitty SHITTY stall to break a stock 80e in my buddy Josh's stepside... The first gear is the same as a th400, that's the reason I don't like them. 3.06 first gear in the 60e's/700r4's is the tits on a daily.

The 80e has to low of a 1st gear. That is great for offroad and towing. If I ever have to do another tranny swap for a street driven truck , I'm going T56.

i would like to get the T56 on my impala.. it just cost too much

Find a used 93-97 camaro for like $2-3k and part it out, but keep the T56 :) that's my plan. Always watching craigslist for certain items is a good thing. thats how I found mt tonneau cover.

Archived