Second Skin Audio

First type designing a ported box what u guys think ?

This box is for DC Audio XL 15 inch.

Here are the specs:

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/xl.html

This is my first box design so if go any thing to say about it i will be glad to hear what you think about it

dont mind the funny number its because i designed it on cm and converted it to inch for the program.

103y82a.jpg

2lizck9.jpg

kcfrt5.jpg

Edited by As-21

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

Could do without the 45's innside, but looks pretty good. Also might want to consider a second baffle.

Added second baffle on front and reduced the port length because it add 1 inch to his length so i cut it down by 1 inch so it will be still 30 inch long.

Here the pictures with it:

2lcuv4h.jpg

mux6k2.jpg

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

When you add baffle to front still keep the port and side going to front panel (like first drawing) and baffle goes in-between

Also get rid of the 1x 45 in front right

And 3 pieces of 1" or 1.25" round to brace port wall to front, back wall to front and roof to floor

Edit

Another thing I like to do is 45 the inside of port then radius the leadin and out the make the 45 on outside wall bigger so as the port maintains the same size all the way through the bend

Edited by john253a

If i understand your notes on the box here is a picture with the corrections.

about the 45 in the port i think the best and accurate thing to do to maintain the same port width is to round

both of the corners like i did, i don't know if its practical on real life.

2qk1con.jpg

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Ive done that now still there is some tiny areas the aren't in the same width the only geometric shape that can do that is a circle so the radius will be the same like i did

before.

Also Ive added this time bracing for the walls like you suggested.

2d1lkjo.jpg

Edited by As-21

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL