Second Skin Audio

DD 3512 Sealed?

srsly, you should sell the DD or save it for a rainy day. There's a lot of 8s and 10s out there that will slam in a cube ported. Only an example, the $50 RE 8 I have is in 1 cube@30hz and plays Rack City all day long clean as hell, as well as the low note in Put On. I get lots of "that ain't no 8 back there." I hear the new Sundown 8 gets it pretty good, too.

I'm guessing you didn't read my last post.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I did, I'm just rooting for ported, that's all. I know you can have some decent bass in sealed, but ever since I built my first ported I knew i'd never go back.

But like I said before, if you're gonna go sealed, fill it up 3/4 full of polyfill, and it will help you flatten out the rolloff.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

mah bad den. just try it then. My experience with sealed is muddy bass when you really drive it hard, and your lowz disappear. If you want small, get a smaller sub and build a decent box for it IMO
You obviously have never heard a good sealed box. Check out Berlow7 on youtube, 4 Autotek 15's in a sealed wall doing 150.1DB at 26Hz. He played rack city in his car when i heard it, and that shit was tearing my ear apart. Along with that, Thescottishbear on here had 3 18's walled in his malibu and it had no problem getting low.
It would play lower and louder ported. That's just the way it is. I don't give a fuck how well you build a sealed box, this sub will sound louder and deeper in a ported box built just as well.

You don't even know what you originally said lol. No shit ported will be louder than sealed, but that is not what you said. You said sealed looses low end and sounds muddy, all I said is, if you build it right, it wont. Learn 2 read buddy.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

No, I get what you're saying just fine. Sounds kinda goofy too. I have no doubt that you can hear 26hz on 4 sealed 15s. You make the box large enough and flatten out the rolloff. But that being said, building a proper ported box will have much greater low end extension than the same sub(s) sealed. period.

Sealed also promotes cone breakup at higher excursion because the air suspension has little give to it. I'm sure some subs don't get TOO muddy, but it's still worse off than ported.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.