Second Skin Audio

square subs

im going to try my best to not make this a VS thread. i am trying to figure out what subs to purchase next. i know that a square sub has more surface area that a round sub at the same size. my delima is if i should go with 4 10" round subs or 2 12" square subs.

my question is that does the 2 12" square subs have more surface area that the 4 10" subs? im not asking anyone to pick which one they would prefer. or if someone can give me a basic math rundown. just trying to come up with a plan.

like i said, im trying to not make this a vs thread, not asking anyone to pick, no brand names, just a yes or no if the 2 12" subs have more surface area than the 4 10" subs

thanks

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

I would go with the 4 10s

I'm not a fan is square subs for various reasons. But, in the end, it's about what makes YOU happy :good:

4 10s, more motor force, and better heat displacement.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I think the cone area of 4 10's is like 314 and the area of 2 square 12's is like 288. Don't quote me on that but 4 10's would have more cone area

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I think the cone area of 4 10's is like 314 and the area of 2 square 12's is like 288. Don't quote me on that but 4 10's would have more cone area

thats the kind of answer i was looking for lol. thanks

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

ive never used square subs before, so i figured i would add it to my indecisive decision on what subs to pick.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

No problem man.When the cone area is that close you really have to consider what will work best for what your trying to do.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

They're so close in cone area, it really boils down to what looks best or works best for you.

yeah thats what its lookin like. with that close of cone area, i probably wont even be able to tell the difference. but, the brands im looking at, its also coming down to power/motor force. because i can get 2x the power for 4 10's than i can with the 2 12's. and even as i type, im looking at doing 4 12's LOL. but, at least this helps with my knowledge that the 4 10" subs are very close in cone area to the 2 12" square ones

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

No problem man.When the cone area is that close you really have to consider what will work best for what your trying to do.

im in that stage where im not even sure what will work for me haha. i was trying to dust off my math skills so that i didnt have to ask on here, but it wasnt working out. and, i knew i would get an answer on here faster than i would looking it up myself.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.