I'm looking at trucks now as I plan on getting rid of my hatchback.

I've looked at a couple mini trucks, then some full size, and recently a couple duallys. I love duallys, but the 454 is definitely a turn off.

Who here has a 454 as a daily driver? How does it run? Do you get anything above 9mpg? My job is 10 minutes from my house. And I usually don't drive much more than that. In the 4 years I've had my car, I've put on about 15-20k miles.

Any help is appreciated guys.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I'm looking at trucks now as I plan on getting rid of my hatchback.

I've looked at a couple mini trucks, then some full size, and recently a couple duallys. I love duallys, but the 454 is definitely a turn off.

Who here has a 454 as a daily driver? How does it run? Do you get anything above 9mpg? My job is 10 minutes from my house. And I usually don't drive much more than that. In the 4 years I've had my car, I've put on about 15-20k miles.

Any help is appreciated guys.

Don't think that'll be too good of an idea.

I have a 307 in a car and it's not my daily because of gas. I only live like 2 or 3 miles from my job and it still sucks.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I had a 454 in my 1994 1 ton suburban. It was a beast but I was able to get about 12mpg around town if I was real easy on it. I got as high as 16 on the freeway. Unless you commute very far I would say go for it. It's a good motor.

IDK anything about the 454 but I would say it mostly depends on how you drive. If you're heavy on the gas pedal you will pay for it at the pump, no doubt. Every truck I've ever driven has been that way. You can save a few bucks by taking it easy.

But an engine that big will definitely last a lot longer than something that may be more fuel efficient so it's a trade-off. Everything is a trade-off in the car world.

EDIT: Dude above me ninja'd me and made my point.

I know they're tanks. Hell I only get about 17 around town in my 4 cylinder lol.

The truck I'm looking at is a 96 with 180k.

They want 35 obo

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Grandpa has a 99 Burban with a 454 and he's never really had problems except twice when the valve didn't close completely when he turned the truck off. So it flooded with gas. That's when it was costly lol

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

Grandpa has a 99 Burban with a 454 and he's never really had problems except twice when the valve didn't close completely when he turned the truck off. So it flooded with gas. That's when it was costly lol

Did it light on fire or blow up and do you have a video?

I'm gonna hate

Nope just didn't start lol. I believe it was in the ballpark of 1600 each time to fix it.

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived