But an engine that big will definitely last a lot longer than something that may be more fuel efficient so it's a trade-off. Everything is a trade-off in the car world.

Whaaaaat?? Since when does the size of a motor determine its lifespan?

OP....what about a dually with a diesel? Even the short distance you drive will still be a noticeable hit with gas since you had a hatch the whole time. But I agree with the maintenance costs, they're gonna add up quick and it'll probably twice of everything you're used to.

The question isn't fuel economy, the question is do you need a dually? a 1 ton truck is for work no matter if some people bag and slam them. If you have any concern about gas money and you aren't going to use this truck to make money then it isn't the truck for you. It will ride like shit, handle like shit. drain your wallet at the pump, and if anything breaks it will cost a small fortune to repair because it's over built and less demand. Yes, they look cool, but go over a narrow two-lane bridge with one while another truck is going the other way. Try parking at walmart next to someone. Try just going through the drive thru or just run to the convience store.

I'm just trying to provide a dose of reality here, not be a dick.

Strange duck, no offense taken. I clearly wouldn't have posted this online if I didn't expect a variety of responses lol.

I'm looking for pros and cons. I guess if I made $20 an hour at my job I could do it. But with everyone saying how expensive maintenance is, I guess I should stick to a smaller motor lol. Damn you 7 liters.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Strange duck, no offense taken. I clearly wouldn't have posted this online if I didn't expect a variety of responses lol.

I'm looking for pros and cons. I guess if I made $20 an hour at my job I could do it. But with everyone saying how expensive maintenance is, I guess I should stick to a smaller motor lol. Damn you 7 liters.

maintenance is just about the same as a 350 5.7 litters. the pros is the burnouts and the speed cons is just fuel consumption. i really dont spend much on maintenance as another car i have. just because its bigger engine it dont meant your oil plugs and other stuff will not last

maintenance is just about the same as a 350 5.7 litters. the pros is the burnouts and the speed cons is just fuel consumption. i really dont spend much on maintenance as another car i have. just because its bigger engine it dont meant your oil plugs and other stuff will not last

I am talking more about drive train(I should have specified). Regular "wear" items and tune ups, are like you say, about normal. It's things like wheel bearings, suspension, internals and stuff that will get you.And you really can't predict if you will or won't have issues with those. Just like any vehicle. So I'm not disagreeing with you.

Grammar edit/

I've been reading up on the Chevy 5.7's since that's the most common for the silvy's.

Seems like most major components are bulletproof except the tranny.

It's just small stuff that seems to go out.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I've been reading up on the Chevy 5.7's since that's the most common for the silvy's.

Seems like most major components are bulletproof except the tranny.

It's just small stuff that seems to go out.

Yes, the 5.7 and the 4.3 v6 are superb engines. And you are hearing that from a die-hard ford fanatic.

Transmissions get extremely hot and full of shavings and right around 90-120k they can start to have problems. If professionally cleaned and refilled often enough, they rarely experience problems.

I'm gonna hate

320,000 miles and counting with my 5.7 350 Chevy ...

other than normal maintenance, no problems ... Along from work and driving daily, I hit many Car audio events every year ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived