Sundown Audio

Pioneer GM Digital Series, Best bang for buck.

are you guys really arguing about cheap ass amps? Is that like arguing over who's shit stinks less?

I think its more like if the bear shits in the woods or not...

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

eh, i'll stick to a/b..

Same Here !!!

are you guys really arguing about cheap ass amps? Is that like arguing over who's shit stinks less?

Seems to be the case here ... lol

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

this is why I'm annoyed that i can't like things, ever since i did once a few weeks ago, i haven't been able to since. This may be a sig worthy quote.......

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

so someone is saying he can hear the difference between several amps ? Same settings, same power ? How can you be sure ?

I thought an amplifier was meant to make power, and not modify the sound of the speakers.

Don't believe the hype !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

so someone is saying he can hear the difference between several amps ? Same settings, same power ? How can you be sure ?

I thought an amplifier was meant to make power, and not modify the sound of the speakers.

Oh, different amps can have different sound signatures, for sure. S/N Ratio is a factor, as are THD and other factors.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

s/n, thd, dampening factor, impedence curve, input sensativity (oscillations), etc etc etc..

There are class D amps that sound great, and class D amps that sound like crap, same goes for A/B and anything else, and dont forget that your headunit is in general a class D amp, so the analogue signal it is feeding is sub-par to what it could be to begin with.

I cant wait for the day that car audio goes to digital signal transfer..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

trust me, yes, there is a huge difference in what comes out of one vs another. cheap things using cheap components will sound cheap. A/B circuitry will have a different sound/color to it than class D typically also. Amps color sound, speakers color sound, the listening environment effects the sound.

Went into the studio, hooked up 7 SM57s on a kick drum, all to different mic pre's, set the levels on all of them so the signal coming out was about the same in amplitude, and there was a tremendous difference in them, when we tried this on a piano, even more so. I realize these are studio pre-amps, but the point is, they are still amps, and built differently, and each color the sound differently, every component signal passes through will color the sound one way or another, sometimes it is noticeable, others, not so much.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.