Sold a computer to a Craigslist weirdo!

I sold my MacBook today for $100.

I tested everything on it and it worked. I met with the cousin of the person I talked to on the phone at a Starbucks he went on YouTube to watch videos and check that it works. After that he gave me the $100 and I gave him the MacBook with charger.

Anyways 3 hours later the lady calls me twice in a row and sends me a text that says

I know you're avoiding my call, but U should call me back about the laptop before I contact the police. My cousin has your license plate # so please do the right thing.

I reply later because I was at dinner and give her a call. She is angered and doesn't want to talk to me. Anyways she hangs up on me and says shell call me tomorrow to organize a time. So I texted her back saying

Hey apparently we got disconnected. Let's meet tomorrow at 9am at the el Segundo police station 348 main street 90245. And I can refund you your money

Then she replies hours later saying No she will meet only at Starbucks.

I think she broke it and wants money back she even said if I gave her $20 she'd keep it.

So what do u guys think thanks! I'm on mobile so sorry for the abbreviations

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

What the fuck. Randomly, at the same time, 5 members all sold products that "worked when I sold it, but don't 3 minutes later."

If you're being serious, and you did not sell a shit product, and it was verified working before the actual sale, I don't know what you're tripping about. And the fact you were so quick to offer the money back definitely strikes me as odd.

Regardless, what are you worried about? Unless of course you did sell a defective electronic. In which case, you're bot getting arrested and going to jail. They may pursue small claims though

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Sounds fishy to me, just block the number and get on with your life if you truly sold them a working computer and didn't know there was anything wrong with it (not doubting you did). I'm all about customer satisfaction but you get what you pay for, they "test drove" it before they bought it.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

You sold it to her working. I wouldn't take it back, it just sounds like trouble. You have videos proving that it works.

Whatever, let her threaten to call the police all she wants. If she harasses you, get some sort of no-contact order from the police station.

People like that are trouble, stay far away :)

P.S. Why sell a MacBook for $100? Was it really old or something?

Problem is shes got my license plate/car make model and color, and knows the city I live it. She seems like a physcopath and I'm not trying to get my shit destroyed over $100 that's why I'm offering the refund. But what's weird is she won't meet at the police station after she wants to call the cops on me. Just sharing my cool story bro.

Btw pretty weird how many people just posted that, I think people need to take precausions selling on craigslist now

Scion tC SQ Build

You sold it to her working. I wouldn't take it back, it just sounds like trouble. You have videos proving that it works.

Whatever, let her threaten to call the police all she wants. If she harasses you, get some sort of no-contact order from the police station.

People like that are trouble, stay far away :)

P.S. Why sell a MacBook for $100? Was it really old or something?

Haha just wanted to sell it it's from 06 a black one and there's no battery

And eBay was only going to give me 70 bucks on the trade in

Scion tC SQ Build

Funny I just posted up the same thing about my l7 the guy actually told me to give him 20 bucks and hell keep the sub

What's with people now adays, own up to your own problems. I read ur post that guy needs to ask his mommy for a new Christmas gift instead of trying to get a refund from you.

Scion tC SQ Build

Another funny thing I sold mine for 100 bucks also. I talked to a cop. Idk where your from I'm in oc, ca but the cop said if they checked it out and agreed and paid you they legally take responsibilty for it being sold as is because you did not tell them it was brand new

Archived