I have a real issue. I love big bass, but I love building DSMs. Since my hobbies hate each other, it is kind of what you would think life is like as someone with multiple personalities. I mentioned awhile back in a post on here that I would be starting a new project. It has been a little longer than I thought, but I bought the car tonight. No upgrade work yet, just the work to get it together and get it to my house.

And now for the pics:

ThenextDSM022.jpg

ThenextDSM025.jpg

ThenextDSM023.jpg

There was a bit of work necessary before it headed to its new home.

ThenextDSM027.jpg

ThenextDSM026.jpg

ThenextDSM030.jpg

ThenextDSM029.jpg

Progress was made.

ThenextDSM045.jpg

ThenextDSM046.jpg

ThenextDSM047.jpg

ThenextDSM048.jpg

ThenextDSM050.jpg

And well, who are we kidding, some replacement parts required:

ThenextDSM052.jpg

Always nice to buy a car that you have to tow home... :blink:

ThenextDSM053.jpg

ThenextDSM055b.jpg

Its all good though, it will be a lot of fun.

I hope to get the tranny swapped soon, get it running right (it has been sitting for 2-3 yrs), replace the timing belt, change all fluids, etc. Then I will hit the track to get some times in stock format. After that, the fun really begins.

More pics and updates as they happen.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

why cant u get the best of both worlds? back seats are overrated lol. idk what diamond star you got because im at school and i cant see the pics, but do you have a turbo? like the gsx, tsi.. not sure what the laser turbo model was. i miss my old talon

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

definately a project car but good find love em have fun wit it and keep us posted and is it the b16 or b18 series

Edited by KWP369
Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

Isnt b16 and b18 Honda motors?

yes they sure are i should know i have an 89 crx and 93 civic hb, i was lookin at the motor and saw DOHC and automatically b16 and b18 popped into my head don't know why, my bad

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

Wow, I was away from a computer too long.

Here we go.

No thanks on the motor swap. This is one of my favorite motors ever. I still can't find word to describe it. I think that it is best served with a quote from one of my "mustangs rule the earth" friends when he said, "I can't get over how efficient it is. Its like power on demand." Now that was said about my last DSM, the 2G seen below.

ForHDSM1.jpg

ForHDSM6.jpg

Haynes manual, oh man do I know it. That, patience, a lot of money or credit, and a lot of praying.

Don't know what the problem is about the backseats. They are easily pulled, but I will be going for as stock as I can get to get it tagged and inspected since it has been off the books for a few years. After that, fun time. Oh, and its a 92 TSI AWD 6 bolt/4 bolt. :D

Yes, definitely a project, but so far it has gone well, I have only confirmed that I need the drivers side switch for the passenger window, and a front o2 sensor. The car that sat for years and still has old as hell gas in the tank, has been running up and down my street all evening as I have been working it over. The full interior is in except for the missing hatch carpet, and the 2 covers for the side mirror bolts (I skipped them last night due to darkness, today I just forgot). The tires seem to be holding air still. So, really it has been a smooth ride so far. I haven't put it up on a lift to figure out what issues I might find when I crawl under her.

No Honda motors for me thanks. I do understand jumping on instinct. I still think 4g63 on everything. Fortunately, I have come full circle and I have another one to play with.

I will be trying to find a parts car to strip for some extra stuff, but for the most part, I am done with progress until friday. I work all day mon-fri and I have martial arts classes tomorrow, wednesday and thursday. After that though, back to the fun.

I will try to keep progress posted.

BJJ20logo20resize.png