mids sound distorted but there not

i have sony 6x9s in my rear deck, i got a alpine head unit and its alot louder then my kenwood, sounds like a have a 4channel amp hooked up to my mid and highs, i got everything tested with the dd-1 and and my head unit is not clipping but when i turn it full tilt, volume 30/35 sub level at 11. it sounds like my mids are distorting..idk if it is because there sony speakers..hopefully someone can help me..ill buy new ones if i need to

once again head unit was set with a dd-1

Do you have a high pass on the mids? My guess is the low frequencies are what's making them sound distorted... Not sure but you should be able to put a filter on them through your head unit.

Edited by LZTYBRN

How did you set it with the dd-1? Via the RCAs or the speaker outputs?

Usually, the internal amp on the headunit will clip sooner than the preouts, so even though your preouts may be clean - your speaker outputs on your headunit can be clipping badly

Just because you set your HU with a dd-1 doesn't mean your speakers aren't shit lol

Edited by C-Fizzy

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

yea i have a hpf, its set at 80hz on the head unit..i do have subs in the trunk but even with the subs off and the volume up it sounds like its

distorting, im not trying to sound dumb or anything...and using the dd-1 it was tested thru the rca's...i understand the internal amp will clip

before the preouts but does that mean im clipping the head unit? idk if anyone uses sony speakers on here..

please no smart ass comments, im just trying to learn

yea i have a hpf, its set at 80hz on the head unit..i do have subs in the trunk but even with the subs off and the volume up it sounds like its

distorting, im not trying to sound dumb or anything...and using the dd-1 it was tested thru the rca's...i understand the internal amp will clip

before the preouts but does that mean im clipping the head unit? idk if anyone uses sony speakers on here..

Believe it or not, those Sony's might be struggling with 80Hz, try 120HZ.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

Set your HPF to 120 and your LPF to 80. See if that clears up the mids at all.

RF P400X1 Monoblock

really? i have my low pass filter on my amp at 80hz but does that mean i gotta set my it on my head unit at 80hz?

i will try 120hz man

You said your HPF was set to 80. If you have your HPF set to 80 and your LPF on an amp set to 80, that's not right. Set your HPF to 120 and your LPF to 80.

RF P400X1 Monoblock