Sonic Electronix

the subject isn´t about what meter is the most accurated lol, OP that app is bullshit, there´s no way you´ll know exactly how loud your system is until you meter it on a real sensor :)

P.S: Audiocontrol SENSOR is also only 0.1 dbs off the termlab :)

which mic on the audiocontrol? ive been metered on both the 190 and 170 mic.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the subject isn´t about what meter is the most accurated lol, OP that app is bullshit, there´s no way you´ll know exactly how loud your system is until you meter it on a real sensor :)

P.S: Audiocontrol SENSOR is also only 0.1 dbs off the termlab :)

which mic on the audiocontrol? ive been metered on both the 190 and 170 mic.

SPL-190 my friend :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

well thats good to know. saves me a trip and some cash. no i can just fix my tensioner pulley and get remeter on the ac-190 and then subtract .1 from it and have a real close score compared to a termlab.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

termlab is exactly 0.1 dbs lower, here´s a 5 minutes long video showing all the test i did with my old system, hope it works for you :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

termlab is exactly 0.1 dbs lower, here´s a 5 minutes long video showing all the test i did with my old system, hope it works for you :)

and here is where I call BULLSHIT!!

The audiocontrol 170 or 190 will never be as accurate as a termlab..

Chances are, they tweeked the audiocontrol to match the reading of termlab within that 0.1db

At that point than what good is the audiocontrol meter when you have to calibrate it using another measuring form such as the termlab??

By no means is the Audiocontrol a cheaper alternative to a termlab either.

The SPL-190 sensor alone costs $549. http://pacificstereo...4_a_7cSPL_d_190

and that is not including the actual rta meter that the sensor plugs into..

Than you factor in the $1549 for the RTA http://www.sonicelec...ac=1&zmap=52143

You have $2100 invested into a meter that has to be calibrated with a termlab that only costs $650 new with 1 sensor or $850 new with 2 sensors.

So now who was it in this thread that says Wayne Harris is just after raping people on the price.....?

That is so true because a inferior meter costs over 3times more as the Termlab which is used for every sanctioned event in the USA and other countries as well as NASA. But yes... the Termlab is over priced.... hahahaa

So anyways.

Back to the Audiocontrol meter..

Sure people show it being as accurate of the Termlab with in 0.1db, but once you goto move the audiocontrol unit, or put it in its case for storage, or whatever your doing with it and if you just move the big Sensitivity or the calibrate knob on the front of that audiocontrol meter just a cunt hair of a turn you are no longer as accurate as the termlab......

So while people test it side by side with the termlab they can easily dial the thing in, than start making a video and showing you how good / bad it is, but just remember your not seeing anything that was done to either meter before or after the camera goes on..

Same goes for the SPL-Labs thing too.. ...

Edit for the big knobs on the front of the audiocontrol that will severly alter its reading just by barley turning any of them... Just like a Gain on an amplifier, the slightest touch can make the amp produce more output (ac voltage) even tho it looks like the knob was never moved..

sa3055.jpg

Edited by Audiofanaticz

well, never expected someone saying i was bullshiting around here since lots of people know that i´m the real deal, but anyways, the audiocontrol was sent to their factory to upgrade everything up for the spl 190 sensor, and also, the guy you see on the video burping the car it´s me, and the owner of both sensors it´s a very respetable guy around here that holded a few latin america records , was a certified iasca judge and it´s even the american bass and cadence dealer for central america, no he did not tweak it anything but it´s cool, it´s a free forum, you can think and give any opinion you want :)

P.S: Yes, termlab it´s WAY cheaper than the AC

So your saying, you never adjusted the 2 sensitivity knobs on the front of the meter since it was sent back after being calibrated from audiocontrol and can assure that they didnt move during the product being shipped or when you packed it up in your car to go out testing???

I find that very hard to believe....

And for the sake of argument lets look at the "BoomStick" that can be bought for $20 at walmart.

Lets take the boom stick and than test with that, and than retest with a termlab and adjust the K-Factor in the settings and set it really low instead of the default 178.9db setting it is at.

Once we have the Termlab reading the same number as the cheap boomstick I can than go around saying that the boomstick is as accurate as the Termlab????? even tho I had to adjust the one meter to read the same score

The good thing about the termlab is that the K Factor settings are software controlled settings that can not accidently be bumped and thrown off and create false readings like a judge could do at a competition and turn up or down the sensitivity knob for competitors that he likes or hates to make people win and loose. On a termlab when running a competition it will not give you access to those K Factor settings to give some the unfair advantage.

^^ i understand what your saying but what would any of those people gain from calibrating and adjusting the adiocontrol to match the termlab? fecupe2001 doesnt sell either the termlab or the audiocontrol so i dont see how he would gain anything. besides that if the audiocontrol is set right it will give an accurate rating and if it set right it will be close to the termlab.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets