Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Cant wait to see how your box turns out. I love building for single cab. I.love the challenge while.keeping lots of leg room.

What's this "leg room" you speak of? I kissed legroom goodbye with my current box. I have yet to finish it, but it was worth it for the lows.

56bc27de.jpg

e43d5434.jpg

8c36e702.jpg

Here it was all wet with resin and EXCITEMENT:

e9226801.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

If the box is designed to fit, youll have most of.your leg room left. Im 6'3" and can sit very comfortably in his truck. Hell, ive got a single 15 behind the seats of my 99 dodge single cab in 3.5 cubes net with Tons of leg room.

And the 1.5" is how much the back steps out, and the 4.5 is how much higher it.goes up. Making the box 18" tall. The 1 port piece is 6" wide and 18" long. Giving the box around 36 sq in of port.

Posted

The Dodge has tons of leg room compared to the late model Chevy trucks, so I don't compare the two. I never have utilized the down sides of the transmission hump, OR above the back trim panel. I think it's a cleaner look to have it below the trim piece that runs the length of the cab. I came out to 2 cubes AFTER displacements of subs and the L-port. I plan to throw a shitload of power to a couple Fi SSDs and see what kind of lows PLUS numbers I can get out of her. Then it's on to the blowthrough.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yeah, dodges do have a lot of space, but that 2 10 box is for a chevy, and i didnt utilize any room on either side of the hump. There just isnt enough room for 2 10's without going up on the trim piece. But if 2 cubes works out then thatll be awesome. Do you have a build log on here? Would like to see what kind of numbers and response you get from firing the port forward.

Posted

I have yet to get a build log on here, but I've taken pictures throughout the way. Once I'm "done" I'll get a log up with some numbers as well. I'd be happy with anything 142-143 for a daily setup and still be able to dig the lows with authority. I wanna see what I can squeeze out of behind the seat before cutting the hole.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

142 wont be too difficult. Single cabs are hard to.get loud, but they are beasts when they are. Anything over a 140 in a single cab is great to be honest.

Posted

what if you make a T shape box. i been thinking about it to fit 2 12 hdc3. i have the same truck as u with one hdc3 right now on a aq 2200 amp. the center seat suck ass anyway

Posted

i am so excited to start this build now thanks everyone

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Posted

How many sheets of mdf do you think I need? For the box

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1473 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...