Second Skin Audio

how to wire 6 10s

ZachG

If you want efficient, build a 4th order or a Quarter wave box. You could get away with low power in a T-line, but you better know HOW to build. The results have the potential for a very flat response, super effective when it comes to box rise, and also has the potential to be a 150 paperweight if done incorrectly.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

im on board with this. but why 6 10s? if your looking for punch i think more cone area will hwlp you in addition to bigger motors. yea you have 6 smaller motors but 3 bigger motors will be more forceful if you went with 15s

Well as we know kicker 15s need min of 3 cubes ea.

Space is a little problem for 15s cause trust me I rather 15. This will be going in a 98 grand prix gtp 4 door..I'm about to go take measurements and play with Torres to see if it will fit

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

oh man. 6 10s in a trunk?! goodluck! haha

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

If you want efficient, build a 4th order or a Quarter wave box. You could get away with low power in a T-line, but you better know HOW to build. The results have the potential for a very flat response, super effective when it comes to box rise, and also has the potential to be a 150 paperweight if done incorrectly.

A 4th order would be perfect for my car cause I can just port it through the rear seats and seal it off from the trunk in my car.

Unfortunately I don't know how to build one

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Haha yea that's the problem here. I might have to go to my original idea of 4 Memphis pr 10s on a zx1000 but I'm Gunna play around with Torres and see

Haha yea that's the problem here. I might have to go to my original idea of 4 Memphis pr 10s on a zx1000 but I'm Gunna play around with Torres and see

Kicker comps work well in infinite baffle setups in case you decided to attempt that.

6 10's in 1.35cu.ft. would be 8.1cu.ft total. You can fit three Sundown E 15's in that space lol. You'd have trouble finding a way to get the subs and port to fire into the cabin lol. I'd say two 12's in an 4th order will work. If you're on a budget, I'd go with the Sundown E12's in a 4th order. If you're worried about warranty, than I'd go with two Obsidian 12's in a 4th order, which I've heard do really great in 4th's.

Probably the only real way to get all 6 of those 10's to fire into the cabin with the port is to do them isobaric (push-pull).

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I just got my max dimensions and I have a gross volume of 7.78ft to work with

The dimensions were 33w-15.5h-32d

I technically have 36d but that would be my whole trunk then is have no room for the amp lol

Archived