Second Skin Audio

how to wire 6 10s

ZachG

Ok so as far as 15s either two cvrs or two of http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-e15-subwoofer-400w-e-series.html

Or maybe still could do 4 10s...wouldn't be as much cone but the motor force would be more & 4 10s is less common too

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

oh man. 6 10s in a trunk?! goodluck! haha

Haha yea that's the problem here. I might have to go to my original idea of 4 Memphis pr 10s on a zx1000 but I'm Gunna play around with Torres and see

Kicker comps work well in infinite baffle setups in case you decided to attempt that.

Ok I'm not Gunna have the room to do 6 10s properly so I'm just Gunna do 2 obsidian audio 15s with 3.25cubes ea tuned to 32hz..

Now I need to figure out how to use Torres properly to make a box with my diameters of 15.5h-33w-32d

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Going to get this with the two obsidian audio 15s

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html

I had 6 tens in my trunk! All I can say it I'm not sure whether the rattle or the bass was louder......

OP that sounds fantastic, get to it.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

I had 6 tens in my trunk! All I can say it I'm not sure whether the rattle or the bass was louder......

OP that sounds fantastic, get to it.

im not saying its impossible. that just takes planning and most likely will have to build in trunk. just a lot of factors. thats why i said goodluck. and plus why would you want to not be able to tell if the rattle or bass was louder? if possible you dont want any rattle in a perfect world. thats why we use deadner to remove panel flex and rattle as best we can.

anyway, OP, goodluck.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

could make a blow-through style setup in the trunk to maximize available volume. Bolt a baffle behind the rear seat, mount subs at an agle like truck blowthroughs, then rhino-line the trunk and bolt the lid down... :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Haha yea that's the problem here. I might have to go to my original idea of 4 Memphis pr 10s on a zx1000 but I'm Gunna play around with Torres and see

Kicker comps work well in infinite baffle setups in case you decided to attempt that.

Ok I'm not Gunna have the room to do 6 10s properly so I'm just Gunna do 2 obsidian audio 15s with 3.25cubes ea tuned to 32hz..

Now I need to figure out how to use Torres properly to make a box with my diameters of 15.5h-33w-32d

You can do subs front and a couple of 6" aeros (minimum) to the side on those dims.

could make a blow-through style setup in the trunk to maximize available volume. Bolt a baffle behind the rear seat, mount subs at an agle like truck blowthroughs, then rhino-line the trunk and bolt the lid down... :P

Well I don't feel like ruining my car and with the max diamsions I listed I still have about 32x8 of trunk left if I do need to put something in it

You can do subs front and a couple of 6" aeros (minimum) to the side on those dims.

Hey I like the idea with the aeros cause then I can defiantly build the box my self.

& since my car the rear seat arm rest when its down goes straight open to the trunk do you think I can put the aeros in the rear near that opening to my cabin and have the subs faceing back to the trunk lid??

Or would it be better to do the subs faceing front to that opening and aeros in the rear to reduce rattles but then not be as loud?

Archived