Is there a way to tell if Hertz speakers are fake

So there is a liquidation auction coming up and they had a couple of pictures of what look to be Hertz HSK 163 sets that will be in the auction. I don't know what the reputation of the company is that is being liquidated, so I'm a little concerned about the bidding getting too high if these aren't legit. So is there any way to tell if they are fakes?

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Dont pay nearly what they cost retail if its not a sure thing. Bid low hope to win and if theyre fake you get a cheap set of speakers for a cheap price if theyre real you get an expensive set for a good deal. No way to know without looking at the crossovers and equipment

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Is the company an authorized dealer? Start there.

If you can't open the box before bidding, there's really no way to tell.

I don't know what company it is, so I can't see if they are an authorized dealer.

I think Micah from Sonus Car Audio said the serial number will have three zeroes at the beginning.

If I can open the box or see the serial # I'll try that

Dont pay nearly what they cost retail if its not a sure thing. Bid low hope to win and if theyre fake you get a cheap set of speakers for a cheap price if theyre real you get an expensive set for a good deal. No way to know without looking at the crossovers and equipment

I plan to keep my bids low. If it gets too high for my budget I guess I will never know if the are real. I'm hoping no-one around here knows about Hertz.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

according to UltimateLocator dot com there are three autorized dealers in my area, so it's a good chance these are real!

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

I know my tweeters had a braided speaker wire, so if they have wire that runs straight and not wound or braided it is most likely fake.

The carton that holds the speakers should have a round clear sticker to keep it closed, there are a few more i can't recall.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If you can open the package, check the tweeter speaker wire. Should be attached to the tweeter with a black epoxy. Inside the crossovers, make sure the board says Hertz, not Nertz. The mids should be built clean. No goopy or excess glue, the surrounds should fit perfect on the basket, screws holes centered nicely.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Thanks. I hope I can get these. It'd be a big step-up from the Rockford's I have now. The Rockford's are nice, but I have heard these make most other speakers sound like ass.

Edited by Mr.JaunDurfle

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

If you can open the package, check the tweeter speaker wire. Should be attached to the tweeter with a black epoxy. Inside the crossovers, make sure the board says Hertz, not Nertz. The mids should be built clean. No goopy or excess glue, the surrounds should fit perfect on the basket, screws holes centered nicely.

isnt the H in the hertz logo like |~| ? with a tilde in the middle