quick question. what is the little battery charge simple show battery charge for? it's the one right about your batt voltage in this pic

And here's a better picture of the head unit. I'm kind of in a Christmas-y mood right now...

P1160201.jpg

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

quick question. what is the little battery charge simple show battery charge for? it's the one right about your batt voltage in this pic

And here's a better picture of the head unit. I'm kind of in a Christmas-y mood right now...

P1160201.jpg

It's actually my phone's battery! The little thing next to it is where it would show how much reception I had if I had any at my house...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I felt like I should update this just to say how much I'm loving the new head unit! After doing the whole time alignment thing and getting my crossovers set and everything, the sound quality is ridiculously good! Especially for the crappy speakers I have. This head unit can do so much more than I ever thought I needed, but I've actually figured out how to use most of it now! I haven't really heard other head units, but I do feel like I can say with a good amount of confidence that this is the best head unit you can get for the money. I would DEFINITELY recommend it!

Also, I think I've finally figured out exactly what I wanna do for my mids and highs! I'm hopefully gonna be getting Hertz HV 165L speakers for midbass (one in each door) and Hertz HT 25 tweeters (also one in each door). It's pretty much just the HSK 165 component set, but without the crossover. I'm planning on only running a front stage so that I can run active on a Rockford T400-4. I will be underpowering the midbass drivers with that amp, but it should be a pretty good match for the Tweeters. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get it a bit cheaper than the HSK 165 set, just because I won't be getting the crossovers with it!

I'm also planning on building a new box for my truck! I was talking to a friend of friend of mine who has the same model Type R that I had and told him that I would build a box for him. He would only need to pay me for materials (I just want more experience before I start trying to make a profit off of people). But then I told him that I'd just sell him the box I made for my truck and then just build a new one for my truck! I'm planning on it being about 2.2 cubes tuned to 32 hz, which is pretty similar to the box I have now. The one thing I'll actually be changing with this one is that I want to be sub forward, port driver side. It may or may not work well, but that's just something I'll have to find out! Any thoughts/advice on that kind of setup would definitely be appreciated, though!

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

umm not sure if u ever need that seat back but u could try having the face of the box at an angle like mine so u can lean the seat back without hitting the box. and have u thought about doing port up either? driver side would be nice but what if someone is sitting there or stuff there. also hmu if ud like me to make the box in my 3d design program. just to give me something to do. all i need is ur dims thats ud plan on using. but looking like a very nice build still bro. cant wait to see what those mids and highs do. id love to hear how it sounds with them in. keep up the great work.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

umm not sure if u ever need that seat back but u could try having the face of the box at an angle like mine so u can lean the seat back without hitting the box. and have u thought about doing port up either? driver side would be nice but what if someone is sitting there or stuff there. also hmu if ud like me to make the box in my 3d design program. just to give me something to do. all i need is ur dims thats ud plan on using. but looking like a very nice build still bro. cant wait to see what those mids and highs do. id love to hear how it sounds with them in. keep up the great work.

I still have one seat back that I can fit someone in if I need to. I've also never really had problems with the seat hitting the box/sub. It can go far back enough to where it would, but i always just make sure the passenger seat has enough clearance before someone gets in. I'm also in an engineering class where I'm learning to use Solidworks, so I'll probably stick to modeling it myself! I can use Google Sketchup as well if I need to. The mids and highs also probably won't come in for a while. I still need a high output alternator before I get another amp to stick back there. It's comin along though!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

alright can u throw me the specs when ur done? just gives me something to bs around with. we use autodesk inventor at school. those programs can do some amazing things. to bad my home computer sucks enough to where i can barely run it.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

alright can u throw me the specs when ur done? just gives me something to bs around with. we use autodesk inventor at school. those programs can do some amazing things. to bad my home computer sucks enough to where i can barely run it.

Definitely man! I probably won't have the design finished until sometime towards the middle of the week. I'm pretty loaded down right now with homework and such, but I'll try to get that to you as soon as possible!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

alright thanks man. gives me something to do when im bored now lol. i had a thread going somewhere about that. i just want ppl to throw dims in there and id make emm and throw a pic up just for fun. i cant actually design the tho and figure out the specs. thats over my head still... lol

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

alright thanks man. gives me something to do when im bored now lol. i had a thread going somewhere about that. i just want ppl to throw dims in there and id make emm and throw a pic up just for fun. i cant actually design the tho and figure out the specs. thats over my head still... lol

You should check the Torres calculator! That's what I used to design my box. You just plug in the dimensions you have to work with and then can play around with port size and length to see what kind of tuning it gives you!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

You should check the Torres calculator! That's what I used to design my box. You just plug in the dimensions you have to work with and then can play around with port size and length to see what kind of tuning it gives you!

alright thanks. ill try that sometime. i usually dont do it cuz i dont know what certain drivers like or if the design would work. but ill just play around with it and see what i can do sometime. thanks man. :)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment: