Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

Well then I'll definitely be following your build, too! There aren't enough Dakotas on here!

hah yeah before i decided to get it i wanted to see what people have done... i only found yours and another one from like 6 months ago

its not gonna be anything SUPER huge just 2 18s on about 5k for now :D

I'm thinking I'm that other one? But revolution. This build keeps getting better and better.

Nate. That also some brutal. I'll be following that build too. Wish I had money to do a wall in mine. And about time for another Dakota build!

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

Well then I'll definitely be following your build, too! There aren't enough Dakotas on here!

hah yeah before i decided to get it i wanted to see what people have done... i only found yours and another one from like 6 months ago

its not gonna be anything SUPER huge just 2 18s on about 5k for now :D

Well whether it's super huge or not, it's still gonna be louder than my single 12! Haha

every thought about kerfing the two coners where the port bents? then you wouldn't have to cut off that outside edge and it'd look sweet and sound better.

I haven't thought of that yet! Maybe I'll try something like that on my next box! I'd like to figure out the exact setup I want before I spend that much time on a box, though.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

every thought about kerfing the two coners where the port bents? then you wouldn't have to cut off that outside edge and it'd look sweet and sound better.

I haven't thought of that yet! Maybe I'll try something like that on my next box! I'd like to figure out the exact setup I want before I spend that much time on a box, though.

lol fine.

and i guess i've spent a little too much time on my box when untill now didn't know if it was gonna work at all :P

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

UPS came a day early!!! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

P1160455.jpg

P1160456.jpg

P1160457.jpg

P1160462.jpg

P1160463.jpg

P1160464.jpg

P1160465.jpg

All the stuff it came with

P1160474.jpg

Remote gain knob

P1160473.jpg

And now for some gut shots!

P1160468.jpg

P1160469.jpg

P1160471.jpg

P1160472.jpg

I seriously cannot wait to get everything I need to get this thing hooked up! It's a freakin sexy amp, and it's a few inches longer than the BC2000d. Hopefully it'll sound as good as it looks!

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Are you running full active?

I'll be running an active front stage! I'll be using less than half the power this amp can put out, but it leaves me tons of head room for upgrades!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Sweet man that thing looks beefy

I cant afford to run full active atm lol maybe someday

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I wont be running a rear stage at all haha. I was looking at the Hertz High Energy 6.5 components to run in the front, but those things are pretty expensive. Crescendo just came out with some new components that look pretty sick, so I'm hoping to preorder a couple sets of those and hope they sound as good as they look! I'll just be running one set until next summer when I'm gonna try to fiberglass some door pods to fit 2 6.5's and 2 tweeters.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Im starting my doors this weekend and just picked up some 1/2 inch threaded rod from work for my wall(my boss knows lol)

I wont be running a rear stage at all haha. I was looking at the Hertz High Energy 6.5 components to run in the front, but those things are pretty expensive. Crescendo just came out with some new components that look pretty sick, so I'm hoping to preorder a couple sets of those and hope they sound as good as they look! I'll just be running one set until next summer when I'm gonna try to fiberglass some door pods to fit 2 6.5's and 2 tweeters.

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Im starting my doors this weekend and just picked up some 1/2 inch threaded rod from work for my wall(my boss knows lol)

Well I'll be keepin an eye on your build then! haha

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Archived