Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got some quotes on a few alternators, and I think I'm actually gonna go with a Mechman 320 S series. That'll also leave me quite a bit of room for upgrades in the future!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

I got some quotes on a few alternators, and I think I'm actually gonna go with a Mechman 320 S series. That'll also leave me quite a bit of room for upgrades in the future!

I think im gonna go with the 240s or the one step down from the 320 pretty sweet specs on em

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

I got some quotes on a few alternators, and I think I'm actually gonna go with a Mechman 320 S series. That'll also leave me quite a bit of room for upgrades in the future!

I think im gonna go with the 240s or the one step down from the 320 pretty sweet specs on em

The 240 and the 320 were the ones I was debating between. I figure the 320 amp max output kind of trumps the slightly better idle output of the 240. I probably won't be ordering the alternator until mid January or so, but I like to get this stuff figured out ahead of time.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

I started my new box today! I was planning on using the jig saw to cut all the sheets, but my dad convinced me otherwise (which is probably a good thing...). I set up our radial arm saw to rip three long sheets out of the board, and then from there I cut each individual piece out with the jig saw.

Radial arms saw all set up

2012-12-08_15-50-19_802.jpg

And then these are the sheets I got cut out today

P1160479.jpg

Tomorrow I'm gonna get all my 45's cut out and also cut out the holes in the baffles. I'll also get everything rounded over that needs to be. If I have time before work, I'll start predrilling and countersinking all my holes too, but that probably won't be done until monday.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Well, the cuts I made for the box didn't turn out quite as nice as I had hoped, so I'm gonna use that wood for my amp rack and then see if my buddy will let me use his table saw sometime next week. I pulled out my sub and my BC2000D tonight so that I can get right to building the amp rack when I wake up tomorrow. I figured while I had everything out that I could take a few pictures of it all.

P1160487.jpg

The C1100.4 is pretty big...

P1160488.jpg

More amp guts!

P1160490.jpg

BC2000D

P1160491.jpg

P1160492.jpg

P1160493.jpg

C1100.4

P1160494.jpg

P1160497.jpg

P1160498.jpg

P1160499.jpg

Enjoy!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

That moment when your mids/highs amps is bigger than your sub amp. Needs more bass! :ehh:

Posted

That moment when your mids/highs amps is bigger than your sub amp. Needs more bass! :ehh:

I've been thinking about what my next step is gonna be. One idea that sounds pretty enticing would be to recone the Q12 I have now into a D1, and then get another one and run them off of a BC5500D. Could be fun...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4611 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...