REVOofRustler Posted January 13, 2013 Author Report Posted January 13, 2013 Wall it I think with my truck I'll be happy with hitting 145. And instead of walling my truck, I'd probably want to get another vehicle that has more room for everything. A Tahoe would be pretty fun... go wall! and whay not a second BC2k and strap it? unless you want to sell me that 2k when you go the 55 I'd rather just have one big amp rather than two smaller ones. The BC5500D should also put out more power than two BC2000D's strapped. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted January 21, 2013 Author Report Posted January 21, 2013 I've finally made a bit of notable progress on my box! I glued all the port pieces together a little while ago And then after predrilling and countersinking all the screw holes, I got it pretty much all glued together today! The top is gonna go on when I get home from work tonight. Then I put some 45's in My buddy (Revoracing247) came over the other day, and were comparing our subs. His is a JL 12W3 I also ordered 100 feet of Knukonceptz Kord 12 gauge speaker wiring. That should get here probably on thursday or friday. I'll be ordering my D2700 either tomorrow or wednesday. Also, I found that the Mezzos should be shipping next Thursday! I'm not sure if that's Thursday the 24th, or 31st but I'm still pretty excited either way! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 just wait till i have the money for my new sub! and i think my motor to basket size is lacking ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
c.director Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 Looking real nice! Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/caleb.arnold.9809 YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CustomAudioChannel?feature=watch
REVOofRustler Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 just wait till i have the money for my new sub! and i think my motor to basket size is lacking I'm waiting... Looking real nice! Thank you! I wish I could do a blow through like you did with your Dakota, but it just isn't practical for me. Yours looks like it gets nasty though! I also did some more on my box after I got home from school today. When I was putting the box together, it turned out that some of the pieces were barely not square with each other, so that led to some problems when I tried putting the top on. To fix it, I ended up cutting out a piece of MDF that was slightly bigger than the top was supposed to be. You can see it here. So to fix that, I used a tracing bit on my router to cut off all the excess. It was kind of tricky making the corner like this. The gap you can see at the top shouldn't be a problem though. I used plenty of wood glue on it, and I also put some silicone sealant on the inside of the corner to make sure it was sealed nicely. This is after sanding it a bit I'll be putting a 3/8 inch roundover on the port once I'm done bondoing and sanding everything. I'll also be putting a 1/8 inch roundover on all the corners on the outside of the box. Got some bondo on That's where the box is at right now. I'm hoping to get done bondoing and sanding sometime tomorrow. After that I'm gonna coat the outside in fiberglass resin so that there's something for the paint to stick to. Then I'll drill holes for my bolt terminals and put in the threaded inserts for the sub. Then it'll be time to paint! Also, I flipped the box I have in my truck now on its back so that it's now sub up/port up. It didn't seem to change how it sounds when my windows are down, but the lows definitely seem louder than they did before with it all sealed up! Edit: I also ended up going with some Project DB battery terminals and they'll be shipping out tomorrow! Just gotta get the D2700 odered! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted January 23, 2013 Author Report Posted January 23, 2013 Got the bondo all sanded! Then I put a 3/8 inch round over on the port And also a 1/8 inch round over on the whole exterior of the box And right now I've got a layer of resin drying on the front of the box. I know it won't help structurally at all, but it should help quite a bit when it comes to painting the box. My Mezzos MIGHT also be shipping tomorrow!! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
c.director Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 Who said anything about a blow through was practical? Haha but I don't regret it a bit, the bass is worth it. I hope to have some updates soon, but I'm in the middle of replacing my transmission so my funds are a bit tight. Its the weak link in these trucks. Very nice box btw Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/caleb.arnold.9809 YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CustomAudioChannel?feature=watch
SnowDrifter Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 The box is turning out great despite that squareness issue! Looking good ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
REVOofRustler Posted January 24, 2013 Author Report Posted January 24, 2013 Who said anything about a blow through was practical? Haha but I don't regret it a bit, the bass is worth it. I hope to have some updates soon, but I'm in the middle of replacing my transmission so my funds are a bit tight. Its the weak link in these trucks. Very nice box btw The one thing that really holds me back from doing a blow through is that I need the bed to haul around my dirtbike and other toys. Otherwise I'd be all for it! I'm hoping my tranny has some life left in it. I got the truck with a blown engine (head gaskets were blown and it was likely that the head was warped too). It's got almost 210,000 miles on it right now, so it's definitely getting a little old. The box is turning out great despite that squareness issue! Looking good Thanks! It wasn't too out of square, like maybe 2 or 3 degrees. I think the problem was that the sheet of mdf I got was slightly warped. The bottom of the box is perfectly sqaure, but as you move closer to the top it gets a bit out of wack. Thanks for the SOTM vote too! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted January 25, 2013 Author Report Posted January 25, 2013 My speaker wire came in! I might be able to use half of this when I wire up my speakers... Here's a comparison pic with 20 feet of 1/0 I also ordered my D2700 today! So I'm hoping the Project DB terminals come in either tomorrow or Saturday (depending on whether or not they're shipping USPS or FedEx). And then the D2700 should come in sometime early next week. The Mezzos didn't ship today, so those will probably be the final pieces of the puzzle to come in. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.