HELP!! Subs cut out a mid volume

Hi Guys

I put a system in for my friend who has 2 10" Digital Designs 510 Dual 4 ohm coils. The amp is a Crossfire C3 501 that puts out 500 watts RMS at 1 ohm. We are also running 8 gauge Power wire. When I have the subs wired to 1 ohm, they cut out on a song with low notes or when the volume gets too high. I have the amps gains set correctly with a SMD DD-1. And I know its not the Amp because I have the exact same amp in my own truck which makes the subs cut out. To make them to stop cutting out I wired the subs to 2 ohm. But I want it wired to 1 ohm to be louder. Could this be an electrical problem or something else?

2010 GMC Sierra SLE Texas Edition Sky High 2/0 OFC Wiring

2 Digital Designs 1508's Supercharged

Digital Designs Door Speakers

Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate Prime 300x4

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

SMD VM-1

XS Power D3400

You can wire your subs to 1 or 2 Ohms ? How an you do that ?

8 gauge may not be enough. But I am not an expert. :)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I'm confused, did you say you KNOW it's not the amp because you have the same amp in your truck and the subs cut off? Maybe you wrote it wrong or my English is failing, but isnt that a contradiction?

Also, as previously said, you can only wire 2 Dual 4 ohm subs to a final load or 1 ohm or 4 ohms, no other way, I promise.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

SMH

For starters...

-Make sure all connections are secure..

-How long is the run of 8ga?

-What is the rating of the fuse you have installed?

-Pics of ground(s) connections

-Where did you tap into power at?

-Describe "how" you wired subs

What kind of 8ga are you running, it may have to much resistance and not sending the proper voltage to the amp, what is the voltage at the amp before it cuts out? What are you exactly reading ohm load at the amp?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Sorry but I meant to say they are now in a 4 ohm load. I haven't been able to check voltage yet but I planning on doing so later this evening. I also want to clarify that I have 2 DD 8's in a 1 ohm setup with the same amp in my truck which plays fine. But trying to check everything I took my amp and put it in his truck and it still cuts out. The run of 8 gauge is possible 5 to 6 feet. The system is installed in a 2000 GMC Sierra Single Cab. The fuse is rated at 80A. When the subs cut out the amp does not power down or go into protect mode also. Currently the subs are wired like this.

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

But the subs cut out wiring like this

2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

The power cable is directly wired into the positive battery terminal on the battery with the proper connectors.

Also my friend has led dark blue interior lights so its hard to tell if they are dimming but a voltmeter test will probably tell me everything.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE Texas Edition Sky High 2/0 OFC Wiring

2 Digital Designs 1508's Supercharged

Digital Designs Door Speakers

Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate Prime 300x4

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

SMD VM-1

XS Power D3400

The power cable is directly wired into the positive battery terminal on the battery with the proper connectors.

Also my friend has led dark blue interior lights so its hard to tell if they are dimming but a voltmeter test will probably tell me everything.

crutchfield FTW, thanks for adding that lol

I really think you should go with bigger power cable, I had essentially the same amp (kicker 10dx-500.1) that was 500wrms @ 1ohm and I had a run of 4 gauge running to it.