Sonic Electronix

I plan on ordering a sub and amp here soon. I'm don't want to spend more than 700 - 800 for both. I would like to get away with less. I drive a 91 dakota short cab. I removed the bench and put a couple bucket seats in it. I doubt anything would fit behind the seats besides the amp so I'm gonna have to put the speaker box between the seats. There is about 13 inches of space between the seats and estimating about 30 from the front to the back. I'm determined to fit one 12" sub in that space. I'm gonna build my own box.

So anyways... I've been looking around and right now I'm leaning towards the Fi Q 12". If I were to get this what would be a good amp to push it? I was thinking maybe and Orion hcca d2400 or maybe a sundown 1500d. I'm not too sure so I thought I'd ask if anyone had any ideas. Thanks. :)

a sundown 1000d would be plenty for a Q, the 1500 would be fine but the 1000d would be plenty

Aight that would be better for my budget anyway.

Another thing... I'd like this one sub and amp to beat my friends system. He's running 3 12" Sony Explods (i know) but to my surprise they actually sound very descent. :blink: I'm not sure on the amp but you think mine would out do his? :)

lol, if your loud its good. he probably has his tuned high and its a fart can. good low end bass is always better and more respected in the music world. it is possible to get louder then him, it all depends on the setup. are you going ported? nice choice of sub btw and both those amps are good.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

lol, if your loud its good. he probably has his tuned high and its a fart can. good low end bass is always better and more respected in the music world. it is possible to get louder then him, it all depends on the setup. are you going ported? nice choice of sub btw and both those amps are good.

Yea I plan on making a ported box. The box might be a little tricky though cause of my lack of space. But I'll figure it out.

Archived