nidus Posted July 21, 2012 Report Posted July 21, 2012 I recently purchased 2 American Bass XFL 12's and 2 AB HD-2500's for my install and I was in the market for a 4 channel... My cousin has a Orion HCCA 10004 factory sealed that he purchased some years back and it has been sitting in a closet ever since. I picked it up from him for $190 but I dont know anything about this amp and I really havent seen anyone running it. I have a 2001 Blazer and will be building a ported box for the subs and I am wondering what mids and highs would compliment this amp? This is just my daily driver and I am looking to spend about $300 possibly more on the mids and highs depending on what is suggested. Thanks in advance
nidus Posted July 21, 2012 Author Report Posted July 21, 2012 hmm... no one? The amp I have is the nice looking red Orion HCCA 10004. I was thinking of going with the Infinity Kappa 60.9 CS for the front and the 50.9CS for the rear doors. Anyone have any experience with these? Any suggestions are welcome.
Guest Posted July 21, 2012 Report Posted July 21, 2012 infinity bleh. super screechy (hella harsh) tweeters go to a store and listen to speakers that are, preferably, hooked to an external amp. my favorite speakers have been rockford fosgate, but each person has their own opinion as to which speakers sound the best to them.
White Lightning Posted July 21, 2012 Report Posted July 21, 2012 1 8" mid bass driver in each door works and installs great in those vehicles ... Thats what I would do ... go to a junk yard and get that Bose factory 8" adapter for your doors ... it and the 8" driver bolts in nicely with amazing output ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
nidus Posted July 21, 2012 Author Report Posted July 21, 2012 infinity bleh. super screechy (hella harsh) tweeters go to a store and listen to speakers that are, preferably, hooked to an external amp. my favorite speakers have been rockford fosgate, but each person has their own opinion as to which speakers sound the best to them. Which RF's do you like most? I'll see if I can take a peak at a few in person.
nidus Posted July 21, 2012 Author Report Posted July 21, 2012 1 8" mid bass driver in each door works and installs great in those vehicles ... Thats what I would do ... go to a junk yard and get that Bose factory 8" adapter for your doors ... it and the 8" driver bolts in nicely with amazing output ... That sounds interesting... I was looking for just a plug and play type thing considering this is just a daily setup but this intrigues me...
CleanSierra Posted July 21, 2012 Report Posted July 21, 2012 Go Image Dynamics, Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs for the Win. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
RooTxBeeR Posted July 22, 2012 Report Posted July 22, 2012 infinity bleh. super screechy (hella harsh) tweeters go to a store and listen to speakers that are, preferably, hooked to an external amp. my favorite speakers have been rockford fosgate, but each person has their own opinion as to which speakers sound the best to them. Which RF's do you like most? I'll see if I can take a peak at a few in person. I have heard Kranny's ride and I really liked how the music sounded. I run kenwood and can get screechy, hit was so nice and clean whole way through. I don't know which set he runs but I am picking up 2 pairs of the R1652 sets for 70 a piece of sonicelectronix On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
MrSkippyJ Posted July 22, 2012 Report Posted July 22, 2012 The problem here is that no one can tell you what your ears like to hear except, you. Go listen and decide what you like F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.