Today turned out to be quite the waste of a day off. Brakes were squealing on the way home from work last night, had a small pulse in the rotors, figured itd be a quick job. Went for pads and rotors easy enough, ended up rounding 2 of the 4 bracket bolts. Couldn't find my easy out sockets so i had to buy a new set, than the rotors wouldn't seat properly. Fixed those, everything bolted up and rotated the tires since the truck was in the air. Found 2 nails in one of the tires, wtf. Had that fixed, while i was waiting it started to pour, perfect. Came home and clouds are still hanging around so i made a few more measurements and am now pondering how i want to place my batteries and the 12k in the cab. I thought it would be easy since the box is in the bed, but nothing is flowing. Anyone wanna take a stab at it, i'll post up a picture of the cab where they're going to go.

Passenger side

IMAG1277.jpg

IMAG1276.jpg

Driver side

IMAG1274.jpg

IMAG1275.jpg

They stop great now lol

IMAG1273.jpg

here is the cab, i was originally going to put them side by side across the cab and the amp "floating" above them. Than i thought of putting two in either side wall of the cab, than the other 2 or however many more i get across the floor on their backs. I don't know lol

IMAG1278.jpg

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

You never realize how little a Ranger cab is till you try to stuff 12 lbs of shit in a 2 lbs bucket.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

True story lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I've literally got my amp stuffed in between the seat rails and the front of my wall, only place I had to put it. Lol

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

gonna have the amp float over on a separate board, probably at an angle. I want to keep it as low as possible so still have to mess with placement

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Accordion seal should be in tomorrow, unfortunately i have to work so cutting will take place sunday or monday. Today was fix the exhaust before it got too hot day lol.

IMAG1280.jpg

Flange rotted out

IMAG1282.jpg

Old "rigged" system with pieces from the first cat back system and some repair pieces, never sealed properly since i didn't have the right adapters

IMAG1281.jpg

Cut the s bend to rotate it down instead of inward to clear the transfer case crossmember

IMAG1283.jpg

New sleeve at the cut as well as the new extension pipe, clears the crossmember with 1/2" to spare

IMAG1284.jpg

IMAG1285.jpg

New Thrush welded muffler with Dynomax stainless tip from my first cat back system that i had on this truck

IMAG1286.jpg

The whole exhaust system is now 2.5" pipe from the beginning of the cats to the tip, should breath easy now. May have to lower the exhaust a smidge since it's super close to the crossmember but i'll see how it goes. No rubbing on the underside of the truck yet :knock on wood:

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Man your truck is rusting. You should get some cheap black spray paint. Im guessing you live where they salt the roads alot. I would spray the under side a bunch just to inhibit more rust and every once in a while do it..so it doesnt get worse. Just a suggestion.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Stay motivated! Even doing things like mechanical work to the vehicle your gonna build is getting stuff done!

I wanna feel tremors once you fire this thing up!!

Thanks Rob, i'm gonna try my best to get this thing built right. So far i know i shouldn't have too much flex in the box itself lol. I'm going to tune it relatively low and have the port removable to keep tuning options open for the future. The mechanical work pisses me off but oh well, have to do it lol.

Man your truck is rusting. You should get some cheap black spray paint. Im guessing you live where they salt the roads alot. I would spray the under side a bunch just to inhibit more rust and every once in a while do it..so it doesnt get worse. Just a suggestion.

Yup, buffalo is def part of the salt/rust belt lol. I have sprayed the underside with black paint and it does look good for about a season, but than the rust comes back twice as bad with a vengeance. Unfortunately if all the rust doesn't get cleaned off before paint, it'll rust worse since the paint traps any residual moisture in the rust and basically helps the rusting process. The way this truck is right now, not really worth the paint or effort lol. The next truck will be a clean southern truck that'll have the entire underside undercoated properly.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived