Hair Trick ? please dont flame

Yes he is a member here and I have been in contact with him for some time. He has given me the direction to go in.

Simple formule. Big Box, good ports size and power!

The power part i think i got figured out. Thats a T2500-BDCP BUT Crescedo, DC and Sundown all have a 3500 watt model that is making me think hard.

I still am hung up on being a label whore though and dont want to admit that a brand that isnt "mainstream" is as good.

Almost like thinking RF 2500 Watts are magical compared to teh others 3500 watts. It's stupid, I know

But with that T2500-BDCP you would be pushing close if not over 3k and thru 1ohm & 2ohm

2ohm is somewhere between 3200-3300 and 1ohm is somewhere between 3300-3400 ive heard ive them getting up to the 3500s

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

But with that T2500-BDCP you would be pushing close if not over 3k and thru 1ohm & 2ohm

And thats the SNAFU I run into with amp choices.

I have 4 4ohm SVC 15's ( Kicker S15d) so I can either run them at 1ohm or 4 ohm. they require 1.5 cubes sealed each so I can pull a 6.o box with no problem.

Now with this set up it I can run the T2500 at 1 ohm and get full power. Lets say 3K with good electrical.

now with any of the other 3 amps I'm pushing 4K with good electrical? now these are paper numbers, we all know box rise etc all factor in but we cant solve all the worlds problems in one thread.

Now option #2, (BTW, SCS you are right, thats exactly who's car that is) is 2 JL 12W7's just as the car above has. Wired down I get a 1.5 ohm load. Now with teh T2500 I get that hypothetical 3K watts. 1500 per sub which I think would be safe for those subs.

Now even at 1.5 ohms, wouldnt i get more power from the other 3. Again if the hypotheticaly make 4K at 1 ohm I would think they get 3500 at 1.5 ohms. So then I turn the gain down and get what I need to not fry the JL's. BUT THEN the DC, SD and Cresendo offer me options in teh futur to step up in subs without swapping the amps.

The reality hits me and I question DC, Sundown and Cresendo... can they be as good as Fosgate/ My old school mentality is really fucking with me. I'm teh Grandpa that refuses to believe anything made today or isnt made by a specific brand is junk. You all know someone like that.

So to recap:

1) Is the pair of JL's capable of a hair trick......... yes, youve seen it above

2) Are my properly sealed 15's capable of a hair trick? We do know they would get crazy loud though. But as loud as teh JL's?

3) Amps........... do you get more power with the "undeground" amps or do you stick with the "mainstream" co.?

After all isnt a Watt a Watt??

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Yes he is a member here and I have been in contact with him for some time. He has given me the direction to go in.

Simple formule. Big Box, good ports size and power!

The power part i think i got figured out. Thats a T2500-BDCP BUT Crescedo, DC and Sundown all have a 3500 watt model that is making me think hard.

I still am hung up on being a label whore though and dont want to admit that a brand that isnt "mainstream" is as good.

Almost like thinking RF 2500 Watts are magical compared to teh others 3500 watts. It's stupid, I know

2ohm is somewhere between 3200-3300 and 1ohm is somewhere between 3300-3400 ive heard ive them getting up to the 3500s

See what I mean.... this may factor in to what I just typed above

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

heres a sealed box hair trick by groundpounder2k2 ...

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

pretty low xmax. sealed no way. maybe ported. a lot of variables. i doubt it tho without a wall or them being in a small area etc.

alpine cda117

4 kicker kx1200.1s

2 dc level 5 12s

mcintosh mc431

mcintosh meq450 / meq459

mcintosh mc420 midbass

mcintosh mc221 tweets

mcintosh mc223 full range.

my mids and highs are worth more than your car.

BTW, I'm headed to my in laws house to pick up some more of my secret stash. Theres an original stroker in there with about 3 hours of play on it! lol

I wold love to get me a pair of original strokers... Pics please

Edit: Just looked on DC website 3.5K at 2ohm is 1,800w... I would go with RF

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

That sealed sub hair trick, any spec on the set up?

I'll get pics up of the goodies I brought back with me and what I left behind. I used to be a hardcore CV guy. I'llpost in a seperate thread.

Ya I noticed that too about teh power at 2ohms..... glad I have enough stuff to tide me over till I decide!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

That sealed sub hair trick, any spec on the set up?

I'll get pics up of the goodies I brought back with me and what I left behind. I used to be a hardcore CV guy. I'llpost in a seperate thread.

Ya I noticed that too about teh power at 2ohms..... glad I have enough stuff to tide me over till I decide!

only thing i know is its 6 Memphis audio M3 15s

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

interesting considering teh M3's have almost identical xmax and power handling as my kickers. If these are the right model #

Specs for the Kickers:

Fs = 18.84 Hz

Qms = 8.587

Vas = 10.32 cu.ft

Mms = 8.732 oz

Xmax = 0.375 in

Sd = 131 sq.in

Qes = 0.396

Re = 3.61 ohms

Le = 0.832 mH

Z = 4 ohms

BL = 3.674 lb/A