Second Skin Audio

built my first 4th order for a type r 12

Tryed my hand at a 4th order today. It's 1.01ft3 sealed, 2.01 ft3 ported@ 44.8 hrz all after displacement. Yes its partical board. I wanted to experiment before I spent the big bucks. I have never heard a 12 go so low but honestly I'm not impressed with the output on anything past 40. But damn it gets low! It's in a 02 civic coupe

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

Edited by Daniel Shepard

build looks solid, but in the future, just say no to particle board lol. but yeah otherwise looks great!

edit: sorry if i came off as an ass lol, didn't read the beginning. My friend built a 4th out of particle board, the box flexed quite a bit. your build looks a lot more solid though, tuned in for vids!

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Output pasted 40 will pick up if you give 6th a try,(best of both)

Did you model it first or just pick recommended sealed and double it for ported

Other then that nice build,

Do you plane on testing it on termlab

Edited by john253a

a extra $7-10 bucks is not going to make you go bankrupt to get some decent wood..

i would say box looks good, but I just cant due to the particle board...

Whats everyones deal with partical board? I have built plenty of boxes out of it with Great results. Just because theres better wood out there doesnt mean its horrable to use. honestly, I prefer being able to stick screws in and go rather then sit there and pre drill, even with that you still get blow outs. I have done alot of cabinet work and I dont see much difference between the two. Yeah, you can throw specs and density at me but every home audio cabinet I have ever seen is partical board so obviously its not the end of the world for someone to use it. Its a hell of alot easyer to work with, I have yet to see it not be as strong under pressure, and its cheaper for the "concept" builds. Each to his own, I like the stuff!

I dont think ive seen a home audio woofer in a particle board box taking 1kw RMS.....thats just the extent of my knowledge though with HT...

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Output pasted 40 will pick up if you give 6th a try,(best of both)

Did you model it first or just pick recommended sealed and double it for ported

Other then that nice build,

Do you plane on testing it on termlab

I took a shot in the dark on all of it. I assumed 1 cube net would be enough then I went with the 2 to 1 thing on the ported side. I read to tune high, I should have gone higher. It was all just a wild hair up my ass! no testing on term lab here, I just wanted output on music. I really wanted a tline box but with a fs of 29 I could not fit it :(

I