Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer options/Limited space for ground pounding bass

7.5 cubes is a lot of room really...you can fit multiple subs easy....i would look into sundown or skar audio they both offer 600rms subs that are quite popular and perform very well for their price...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

7.5 cubes is a lot of room really...you can fit multiple subs easy....i would look into sundown or skar audio they both offer 600rms subs that are quite popular and perform very well for their price...

Appreciate the suggestions, I will look into both brands and go from their. Thanks

2 SA15's=done. Buil a box with subs up port on bottom of box firing back towards the hatch. Give those babies 12-16 Square inches of port PER cubic foot and enjoy the results.

I have been hearing a lot about Sundown and its all good. Will def. look into and make decision soon. Thanks for the info.

Don't forget to leave a coule of inches between the back of box and the hatch door. Maybe 4"? You need to figure that into your dimensions as well. That is if you go port back.

http://psicaraudio.c...rm-1-subwoofer/

Go with this, build your own box built to specs. Just build it as wide & deep as your hatch can comfortably fit.

Then go for height.

Have the sub & port firing up. Try to get as much cuft as you can. Go for 5-5.5 if you can ( you should be able to ). Tune to your liking, but I'd personally go with 32-34hz.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

because your using 2 amps, idd split the box, as its hard to gain match, if you do have the equipment or knoladge to do so,

this box is for 2 sundown audio sa12,

it takes the all the space you have listed (as i dont know where the rear wall is) as the port is 3.5" wide i have left 3.5" from your 22" max for clearance around the port

also because youll be under powering them i have made the box a bit bigger,

the tuning is flexible, but as you said ground ponder, i figured you wanted it low

theise sub also play well in 3.7net at 26hz

sa121.png

sa12-1.png

Archived