Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer options/Limited space for ground pounding bass

sorry, I just did the math 3 times too and I got something different ( 36 x 22 x 20) / (12 x 12 x 12) = 9.167 ft^3

I just woke up so I apologize if I'm wrong :P

Internal useable airspace are inner dimensions though. 34.5X20.5X18.5.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

sorry, I just did the math 3 times too and I got something different ( 36 x 22 x 20) / (12 x 12 x 12) = 9.167 ft^3

You are right but that's the external volume, if you take away the wood displacement you get the 7.5 cubes which is the gross internal volume. Learn Torres takes away the number crunching.

20h x 22d x36w

yes it 9.1cuft of area

but 7.57 cuft gross with 3/4" mdf

but you need to allow clearance for port unless you do port up

with a 3.5" port youll need 3.5" of clearance leaving you with 18.5" d @ 6.5cuft gross

after a double baffle front 6.3gross

Box gets small pretty quick

so with a tune of 30-33hz you only have 4-4.5cuft net to work with

Internal useable airspace are inner dimensions though. 34.5X20.5X18.5.

You are right but that's the external volume, if you take away the wood displacement you get the 7.5 cubes which is the gross internal volume. Learn Torres takes away the number crunching.

gotcha! I was just using my phone lol, it's always a hassle to boot up windows to use torres lol. Macbook FTL

my 1 set up for the last couple years has been a pair of jl 13w1 subs running 2ohm off an mrp-m500 , in a sealed box and i thought the performance from this package was pretty alright .if space is an issue i would start thinking about making something out of fiberglass to maximize the space available . being a hatch car it shouldn't take too much to get some volume

Ok cool. Fiberglass is an expensive option but well worth it I have heard. Clean looking and soild if done right.

fiberglass is kind of expensive , but when you think of $100 dollars for a prefab box that makes the supplies for fiberglass look like more of a value , $45 for a gallon of resin and $30 for a big chunk of glass mat .a gallon of resin can go a little ways if you know how to work it .i guess for the expensive part of fiberglass has been learning how to do it .

Just buy a good 15" sub and a build a ported box (32 Hz tuning, don't need to go lower).

You have 1000 w rms to play with. It is not a lot of power, but you can have good results with that power.

With that budget, you can find a used Fi btl or a good DC sub. You will upgrade your amp later, but it will sounds good even with "only" 1000 watts.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Fist ground pounder requires cone area and a single 15" has less then 2 12"

Second he only has 500w x2 not 1000

So he need 2 subs as he can't strap them amps

What ever he choses need to work within 4-4.5net as a total

Options

4x 10" on 250rms Ea

2x 12" on 500rms Ea

1x 15" on 500rms

If you can get a bit more space 2x 15" will work

Spent about 30 seconds vaguely crunching number in the Torres calc. You can fit two Sundown SA-15"s if you wanted to.

SA15BoxforSMD.png

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived