Second Skin Audio

custom BL18 box built to spec sounds like crap

ncc74656

lets see some pics, cuz his second post sounds like its just a loading wall

EDIT: Saw pics, looks like a failed bandpass....that is just awful...i hope you get your money back....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i posted all the pics i had on the previous page. the intent was to have the sub litteraly encased in wood, front, back and sides. the box would have vents in front and behind itself. this was done to mimic a down firing sub and give it something to fire against instead of a cloth back seat. currently it is my understanding the box is being rebuilt outside of mfg spec in an attempt to make it hit a wider range of frequencies. the box may end up being a slot port in the end.

nothing, gutted

looks like you got close to 9 cubic feet, and only 50 cubic inches of port, i would say its way to little port. and with out a picture of the final box its going to be hard to guess what you got going on there.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

You say its a custom sub there are no specs if that's the case. Your builder is a hack

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm abandoning this thread. I'm not sure what the OP is even looking for. If you trust your builder, fantastic. What kind of advice are you interested in getting here? It doesn't seem like the knowledge of this forum will be put to use.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

clean sierra i am looking for what boxes (with specs) others have used for there fi bl's. i thought i made that clear in the first post. the box is obviously custom, the sub is as custom as fi comes what with there optional extras and such.

nothing, gutted

If he can't build a simple ported box he's a hack. I've seen a lot of shit in my day but never what he's trying to do nor the logic behind it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived