deathcards Posted July 29, 2012 Report Posted July 29, 2012 great job hotdog sadly i am gaining right now up to 190 but when i started my new job i was a around 180 but the good part is i am slimming down cause my new job has a lot of lifting so i am hoping for the best that it is muscle not fat so do work tomorrow i know i will be at work lol edit after reading the wiki article i think i understand but i have a question Do you fast one day a week or every other day? skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
Hotdog Posted July 29, 2012 Author Report Posted July 29, 2012 I am fasting everyday. I eat between 12pm-4pm and fast from 4pm-12pm the next day. Reason why it is working well is because my Insulin spikes only once a day while I am eating then you have a 20 hour period where your insulin levels drop and you natural production of human growth hormone raises to help preserve mussel. Then your body will break down the fat in your body for source of glucose for the blood. Insulin is a fat storing hormone so if your eating 3,4 or 5 small meals a day you insulin is constantly spiking and you never get the benefits of burning fat. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
deathcards Posted July 29, 2012 Report Posted July 29, 2012 I am fasting everyday. I eat between 12pm-4pm and fast from 4pm-12pm the next day. Reason why it is working well is because my Insulin spikes only once a day while I am eating then you have a 20 hour period where your insulin levels drop and you natural production of human growth hormone raises to help preserve mussel. Then your body will break down the fat in your body for source of glucose for the blood. Insulin is a fat storing hormone so if your eating 3,4 or 5 small meals a day you insulin is constantly spiking and you never get the benefits of burning fat. ok that makes more sense so basically one meal a day everyday but within a time frame skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
Hotdog Posted July 29, 2012 Author Report Posted July 29, 2012 I am fasting everyday. I eat between 12pm-4pm and fast from 4pm-12pm the next day. Reason why it is working well is because my Insulin spikes only once a day while I am eating then you have a 20 hour period where your insulin levels drop and you natural production of human growth hormone raises to help preserve mussel. Then your body will break down the fat in your body for source of glucose for the blood. Insulin is a fat storing hormone so if your eating 3,4 or 5 small meals a day you insulin is constantly spiking and you never get the benefits of burning fat. ok that makes more sense so basically one meal a day everyday but within a time frame Yes and you can always move your time frame to what ever works best for you. Some people use a 4 hour period other will have an 8 hour window. I just choose to do the 4 hour window as there is more fat burning time And you can cheat on weekend no big deal just get back in line for the week (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
deathcards Posted July 29, 2012 Report Posted July 29, 2012 I am fasting everyday. I eat between 12pm-4pm and fast from 4pm-12pm the next day. Reason why it is working well is because my Insulin spikes only once a day while I am eating then you have a 20 hour period where your insulin levels drop and you natural production of human growth hormone raises to help preserve mussel. Then your body will break down the fat in your body for source of glucose for the blood. Insulin is a fat storing hormone so if your eating 3,4 or 5 small meals a day you insulin is constantly spiking and you never get the benefits of burning fat. ok that makes more sense so basically one meal a day everyday but within a time frame Yes and you can always move your time frame to what ever works best for you. Some people use a 4 hour period other will have an 8 hour window. I just choose to do the 4 hour window as there is more fat burning time And you can cheat on weekend no big deal just get back in line for the week k thanks for clearing this up it sounds pretty easy to do if your not a snacker skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
Miguels Posted July 29, 2012 Report Posted July 29, 2012 hmm i tip the scale at 389.. can i join this thread and post here? more like will you let me join you on this goal.. i needs lots of motivation lol this might help me maybe i can post scale pics and stuff too if its okay with you my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Hotdog Posted July 29, 2012 Author Report Posted July 29, 2012 hmm i tip the scale at 389.. can i join this thread and post here? more like will you let me join you on this goal.. i needs lots of motivation lol this might help me maybe i can post scale pics and stuff too if its okay with you If what I am doing can help you out then by all means go ahead and I wish you luck. I think you will be happy with the results. If you want to post your results in here also that is fine. just do scale pics once a week though. Doing it every day is not necessary. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Miguels Posted July 30, 2012 Report Posted July 30, 2012 A little back ground if you dont want to read it then go to chart below. Over the last couple year's I been really slacking and not doing all that I could do to stay in shape. Two years ago I was doing a little power lifting and had real good results. Bench was at 400lbs Squat and Deadlifts at 600lbs. Well one thing about my body type is I can put weight on fast as well as take it off at a pretty good clip. on July 21st I was at 255lbs and thought it was time to do something again and get my self in shape. I have also been seeing a cardiologist and having blood work done to monitor my Cholesterol levels. When you reach your 40's and have a family history if heart problems I highly recommend it. Well cholesterol is a little high and the Doctor wanted me to go on medication to get it lower and I told him I am not interested in taking medication at this time. However I did issue a challenge to him, I scheduled another appointment in 3 months for more blood work and check up with the agreement that if I cant drop my cholesterol on my own then at that time I would go on medication. Which brings me to why I am doing this intermittent fasting, Diet and starting back in the gym on Monday. Here is a list of the foods that I will be eating for the next 3 months. It is very strict and you have to be very motivated to do this. lol at the bottom of your food log there is a bud light my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Hotdog Posted July 30, 2012 Author Report Posted July 30, 2012 Believe it for Men 2 beer's a day will raise your good cholesterol levels which I need to do. I decided to only do 1 per day since I never really acquired the taste for beer and I will see some benefit from it. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
shogen Posted July 30, 2012 Report Posted July 30, 2012 Looks like a good idea... If anyone follows this with him or tries it out and has a hard time not being crazy hungry.... adding in greens to that 1 meal will help you stay full longer... Just a thought... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.