Hotdog Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 A little back ground if you dont want to read it then go to chart below. Over the last couple year's I been really slacking and not doing all that I could do to stay in shape. Two years ago I was doing a little power lifting and had real good results. Bench was at 400lbs Squat and Deadlifts at 600lbs. Well one thing about my body type is I can put weight on fast as well as take it off at a pretty good clip. on July 21st I was at 255lbs and thought it was time to do something again and get my self in shape. I have also been seeing a cardiologist and having blood work done to monitor my Cholesterol levels. When you reach your 40's and have a family history if heart problems I highly recommend it. Well cholesterol is a little high and the Doctor wanted me to go on medication to get it lower and I told him I am not interested in taking medication at this time. However I did issue a challenge to him, I scheduled another appointment in 3 months for more blood work and check up with the agreement that if I cant drop my cholesterol on my own then at that time I would go on medication. Which brings me to why I am doing this intermittent fasting, Diet and starting back in the gym on Monday. Here is a list of the foods that I will be eating for the next 3 months. It is very strict and you have to be very motivated to do this. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Hotdog Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 About intermittent fasting. Intermittent Fasting is not a diet it is a way of eating so your body can cleanse itself. I recommend you do a little research on it if you are interested. My intermittent fast I will have about a 2 hour window where I will consume my food for the day. I will be taking in 1525 calories in this time frame. Everthing in my chart I will eat in this window. Now the food I will be eating is my Diet and everything in my list, in one way or another either helps raise your good cholesterol or lower your bad cholesterol. You can search each item and look at the benefits of each on your own diet. how to figure you calorie intake for maintenance. Take your body weight and multiply by 12. For me that would be about 3060 cals a day you can see with my diet I am basically cutting it in half. However I am supplementing with a good whey protein and some BCAA's. I have been fasting for one week now and with out exercise I have dropped 5lbs and I am hoping for better results once I get into the gym. I have notice that I am sleeping a lot better now and have more energy which is a positive. I will keep updating this thread as I progress. When it is all said and done I will have documented my cholesterol and I will show the results on those also in three months. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
n8ball2013 Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 good luck. I didnt realize how much a good diet meant to you until recently. I had gotten up to 218 and it kinda sunk in that i wasnt young and couldnt eat that much shit anymore. Ive managed to get down to the 202-204 mark in the last three weeks. Hoping to see 195 then im gonna maul the shit out of the new buffalo wild wings they just opened. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Hotdog Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 Ok chart is up along with a little info. Now my plans for the gym are simple. I am going to lift three times a week and 30 minute cardio on days I lift and 1 hour cardio on days I dont lift. I will lift Monday,Wednesday and Friday with Chest on Monday, Back on Wednesday and legs on Friday. Here is a nice read on Wikipedia --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Hotdog Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 Here is a great video explaining how the body works and intermittent fasting. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
OrionStang Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 Looks ok if you want to lose weight. But, I'm curious how this will effect your energy and strength long-term. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Hotdog Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 Now that I have all the information for everyone to review I will probably give an update once a week. I have been intermittent fasting for a week now and I have more energy and sleep better at night. Like I said earlier Intermittent fasting is not a diet but a way to eat that will make you healthier and you will naturally burn more fat this way. as far as long term results I will be the test subject and let you know how it works out for me. In 3 months I will show how it effected my cholesterol levels also as I have the last two check ups already documented. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
JEMT8 Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 Hmm I have been trying to loose weight(fat) by attempting to switch up my diet. I used to eat fast food and a lot of it every day for about a year but then I switched about two months ago to cutting out soda except maybe one cup a week that I don't even finish and all fast food. I drink a good amount of water and all I pretty much eat every day is a bowl of cereal for breakfast peanut butter and jelly sammich, a small bag of baked chips, apple sauce for lunch and usually something light for dinner but I haven't lost any weight. It will actually change daily. Sometimes I loose a few pounds but the next day I will be up 5 or 6 pounds from the previous day and I have no idea why. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
Hotdog Posted July 29, 2012 Author Report Posted July 29, 2012 Jaylor - Start monitoring what you eat is the best way. Intermittent Fasting would help you get your food consumption under control and knowing what you are taking in. A lot easier to monitor one meal a day then 3,4 or 5. Saturday 7-21-12 Weighed at home and I was at 255lbs Tuesday 7-24-12 I weighed in at the doctors office at 252.6lbs Today 7-29-12 I got on the scale and 13lbs Not bad for just watching what I eat. Now the real results will start when I start in the gym Monday. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Bmike Posted July 29, 2012 Report Posted July 29, 2012 13 lbs just watching what you eat , damn good results. ill be waiting to see the cholesterol reults as well. 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.