Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 HDC3 15's on 2 AQ2200's strapped

Design it yourself, you were close the first time. Just shrink the port area, make the port shorter, and shrink the width or depth till you get the right volume. post your results up here and we'll figure it out from there.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Well from the website, the box should gross 9.00ft3, with 144ft3 of port area at 18 inches long. The FS for them is 38 hz. Ive taking everything into consideration except woofer displacement. Cant find what it would be for 2 15's. since it will change the tuning and port area, should I aim for prime specs, are tune low and let the displacement put me in the ideal tuning? So far I came up with this:

HxWxD

21x48x21

Port:6x18x18

which puts me at GV of 10.23ft3, PA per foot-17.03in2, tuned to 39.38HZ, but only 108in2 of port area.

suggestions?

I'm on mobile, so I can't be much help. But I will say this: you want net volume, not gross volume.

okay this is the jist of how the tuning and volume of boxes mix together:

1. larger volume (no change to port) tuning is lowered.

2. smaller volume (no change to port) tuning is raised.

3. More port area (no change to volume or port length) tuning is raised

4. Less port area (no change to volume or port length) tuning is lowered.

5. longer port length (no change to volume or port area) tuning is lowered

6. shorter port length (no change to volume or port area) tuning is raised

now of course, logically, when you change one thing the other things change as well. So with this knowledge, you know what to compensate for in order to get the right numbers

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I think I got it. with .25 displacement and some port changes I have ideal numbers except for port area (which is 152in2). net is at 8.81, 17.25 cubes per foot, tuned at 38.

Dimensions are 21x48x28, port is 8x19x18.

press printscreen on your computer of torres, copy that to powerpoint, save it as a .jpg or .png, make a private album on facebook, upload it there, copy the image url and paste it here

it might be a tad large for how much power you're giving it.

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.