Second Skin Audio

Two 12's for my 2K?

Tim Lam

Sundown SA or Fi SSD.

I would not get the skar-Obsidian,... But it's only my opinion. To each is own !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Sundown SA or Fi SSD.

I would not get the skar-Obsidian,... But it's only my opinion. To each is own !

yeah i was leaning more towards those two anyways aha.

i like the way they look too anyways.

Sundown SA or Fi SSD.

yeah i was leaning more towards those two anyways aha.

i like the way they look too anyways.

Those sundowns are sexy subs. That was half the reason I got 1, that and watching a Guy burp one on 2500 Watts(I wouldn't recommend that though lol)

cocksuck... just watch a video of some Audioque hdc3's and they fit my criteria almost perfectly, except price.... UGH they look so nice.

but sundowns do put some serious work in too!

cocksuck... just watch a video of some Audioque hdc3's and they fit my criteria almost perfectly, except price.... UGH they look so nice.

but sundowns do put some serious work in too!

HDC3s need more than 1000w to move, like Sundown, AQ underrates their stuff. The RMS ratings for their SDC series subs are pretty realistic, however.

I'm gonna hate

Sundowns will absolutely not let you down. They can easily take 1k watts. And yes the hdc3's are very nice. That's what I currently run. But, as stated above, they do better with more than rated rms. I'm running 1900w a piece to mine and they take it like a champ. That being said, I would take sundowns and obsidians over the type r's.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I would think fi had ssd ready to ship since they aren't very expensive.

Nm. I see the fi website says 10-15 day build time.

They seem like a boss driver though I would have gotten those but $$$ is tight and my amp wouldn't phase those

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Sundown SA or Fi SSD.

+2

Sundown sa, fi ssd, but i vote to try the new alpine type r just so you can tell us what you think of it compared to your older type r.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I would think fi had ssd ready to ship since they aren't very expensive.

Nm. I see the fi website says 10-15 day build time.

They seem like a boss driver though I would have gotten those but $$$ is tight and my amp wouldn't phase those

Fi builds every woofer after you order it online. they dont have them already built on the shelves.

Archived