LOL: Know Your Rights: Law Student Backs Down Cop..

Just thought I would add that I'm not trying to turn this into a big argument (although looking back I should have left the last line out of my first post here) or make any enemies either. Just pointing out facts and trying to educate.

I knew where you were coming from CLN but sometimes the way you word things can be misconstrued... so just keep that in mind ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Some of you are really ok with a police officer going beyond his rights? It's not a matter of the guy had nothing to hide, it's a matter of the cop had no right to detain him.

And please, you can't say most people who carry are up to something no good. Here in TN you are likely to see someone carrying multiple times a day. If don't see them, it's a good chance it's because they are concealed.

Now in TN, if you have a gun on you, you better show your ID if a cop asks, only because you have to have a permit to carry, open or concealed.

What I'm saying isn't that people shouldn't have the right to carry. I believe they should. As someone said law enforcement in the south is VERY sparse, and I can totally sympathize with that.

I just think it is not a huge inconvenience to be asked to provide proof that you are lawfully carrying.

I suppose you would be ok getting stopped every time you drive a vehicle to see if your lawfully licensed to drive?

Doesn't make sense!

Kenwood KDC-X794

2 DC XL 15"

SAZ-3000D

Crescendo 6.5's

SAX-100.4

Knu wire and RCA's

XS Power Alt

D3400 and a D1200

th_XSPowerD3100andAlt728x90.jpg

For clarification I am NOT trying to argue that this officer was within his rights to detain this man, nor in that situation should he have. However, I do find fault in an officers inability to ask for proper identification. If you dropped a pill bottle on the ground of a controlled narcotic in front of an officer, they could ask you for ID to insure it is prescribed to you.

So carrying a firearm legally in a public area you think shouldn't constitute a simple request of documents? It's not THAT unreasonable...

Don't get me wrong, I full heartily believe in the observation of a persons constitutional rights. Also, I believe police do break laws themselves, and or are not there when people need them.

To all of you guys who carry; do you think an officer asking you for proof that you are lawfully carrying is an unjust burden? I personally don't so I'm just asking in the sense that I'd like to know other peoples perspective.

For clarification I am NOT trying to argue that this officer was within his rights to detain this man, nor in that situation should he have. However, I do find fault in an officers inability to ask for proper identification. If you dropped a pill bottle on the ground of a controlled narcotic in front of an officer, they could ask you for ID to insure it is prescribed to you.

So carrying a firearm legally in a public area you think shouldn't constitute a simple request of documents? It's not THAT unreasonable...

Don't get me wrong, I full heartily believe in the observation of a persons constitutional rights. Also, I believe police do break laws themselves, and or are not there when people need them.

To all of you guys who carry; do you think an officer asking you for proof that you are lawfully carrying is an unjust burden? I personally don't so I'm just asking in the sense that I'd like to know other peoples perspective.

If i am just minding my own business and am out walking or going somewhere and NOT acting suspicious or doing anything that i shouldnt be doing and happen to be open carrying and an officer tries to stop me just because someone was uneducated about rights to openly carry a firearm then YES. To me that is a burden. If i happened to be doing something to give the officer probable cause to stop me OTHER than just simply open carrying and he asks for ID then i will gladly show him my ID.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

yes i do. If its concealed and he notices it ok so be it if im open carrying(which i hardly ever do) I would want to know why I was being profiled as a criminal merely for having afirearm on me.

please need probably cause to stop and search you or your vehicle. innocent until proven guilty. You do not have to prove your innocence to anyone.

also I believe it was mentioned that someone asked why he had a camera on him to tape things. It was probably his cell phone. when he saw the officer approaching he turned it on just in case. what you see here is him covering his ass because without that video he was toast.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Some of you are really ok with a police officer going beyond his rights? It's not a matter of the guy had nothing to hide, it's a matter of the cop had no right to detain him.

And please, you can't say most people who carry are up to something no good. Here in TN you are likely to see someone carrying multiple times a day. If don't see them, it's a good chance it's because they are concealed.

Now in TN, if you have a gun on you, you better show your ID if a cop asks, only because you have to have a permit to carry, open or concealed.

What I'm saying isn't that people shouldn't have the right to carry. I believe they should. As someone said law enforcement in the south is VERY sparse, and I can totally sympathize with that.

I just think it is not a huge inconvenience to be asked to provide proof that you are lawfully carrying.

I suppose you would be ok getting stopped every time you drive a vehicle to see if your lawfully licensed to drive?

Doesn't make sense!

You're 100% correct, because that is a burden. However, an officer can run your tags to see if the registered driver is licensed and insured. So that's the law doing their due diligence.

I just think with people's propensity for breaking the law that this opens a loophole... And like others stated in states where open carry is lawful crime rates are lower. However, I'd like to know if the crime rate was already high provocating the outlaw of carrying and not the other way around.

criminals do not watn to draw attention to themselves. most states have constitutional carry which means its been around since September 17, 1787. Tough to tell how that works. look at the places with restrictive gun laws.

chicago

NYC

New jersey as whole.

they have some of the most ridiculous crime rates in the US. dont let the bullshit papers fool you NYC is a shithole what gets reported isnt even a third of whats going down.

Now think of it this way. Criminal tries to rob you. You shoot at him because you are legally defending yourself. he either leaves in a body bag an ambulance or gets away. Think he's gonna try to rob anyone again with that thought running in his head?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

You're 100% correct, because that is a burden. However, an officer can run your tags to see if the registered driver is licensed and insured. So that's the law doing their due diligence.

Running your plates is the same as checking your identity. Only legal if the officer has probable cause.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived