Second Skin Audio

dual type r 10 ported enclosure. Anyone have good luck with certain tune/cufts

I have two type r 10s in my civic now. Im looking to build a ported box to really make these things shine. They will be running off a audiopipe ap15001d@ 1 ohm (1500rms) I like the sound and look of a slot, big port opening so i was thinking 15-16sq in per cube? Im wanting subs and port facing back, port in the middle but willing to change that. My max sizes are L=36 H=16 W=14-16. Does anyone have good luck with certain designes that they would not care sharing? I want these tuned a bit low but I dont want a one hit wonder box ether. I listen to everything but mostly young jeezy type songs. Im also very interested in doing a horn style box if it will gain me more output.I have never designed one of these. thanks in advance for any designes

Edited by Daniel Shepard

I wrote that wrong. The amp ill be using is a ap15001d audiopipe. Can anyone help me? thanks!

Post the size of the box (external dimensions and port dimensions if it's a ported design) of the box you have now, and what's the problem with it. Also check your electrical, wiring, etc.

well i currently have two 12" type R's. i had a 4.5feet^3 box (after all the displacements)

with a 6" pvc pipe in the middle btween the subs and off an alpine MRP-M1000.

had all my doors flexing and rear view mirror fall off numerous times.

That's too much power for the type r,

They can handle 6-700 of good clean power,

But if you start clipping at 750 kiss them good buy,

Have you look at the sundown sa10 thell take that all day

Or if you want to save space the sa8

The sa8 compared to typeR 12 on the same power, will be on par with spl and sq but you'll still have a trunk

i had 1200rms to my 10" Type R in a small sealed box for 2 months without a problem.. not sure why you think 750 is too much. the Type R's are impressive.. i just picked up the new 2012 models myself.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

I'm runinng that ap15001d @1ohm to the pair right now, Of course I cant turn it up how I want it because the box they are in is pretty efficient but they take it. I have ran 1000 plus to rs daily with no issues. Is 3cubes net to efficient for my amp? Like I said, Im going for as much output as I can here so Im up for any Ideas