Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

"The industry is frustrating for Alts. They just keep giving you different answers different times. I see what you guys are going through and I've experienced it myself"

This all day,........ I talked with HUNTER about this very issue.....

Unless your rolling in a GMC/generic whatever,...... the HO alt issue can be a pain,..........

Great looking ride Scooter..... nice nice nice..

And we are "debating" on really going for it on this particular ride,..... or, bagging it, and grabbing something else to put our gear in.......... good stuff bro..

I saw the word "potang", couldn't help but chuckle.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

way to add something constructive to the discussion.. last like 3 pages weve been discussing alts and shit.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

2.4l (k-24) power plant here........ running a HO alty, with no slip at all........

want pics of belt wrap???...... or, anything i can do to chime in or help.,... Just hollar my friends...

I do understand im probably not the norm... when it comes to the Honda power plant....

Of course you can lend advice if you got pics of the wrap show it Honda's and Ac's are similar no major differences.

Scooter I thought I did tell you I don't know how I didn't...oh wait I know BECAUSE I WANT YOUR ASS CONCENTRATING ON THE TRUCK BUILD :lol2: I don't need you rekindling any love for the Civic because then you're gonna wanna keep it but I figure you are prolly the best person to talk to about 8th gen vics simply because you have touched every single part of the civic in and out so you know how it really works.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

way to add something constructive to the discussion.. last like 3 pages weve been discussing alts and shit.

No shit,... BACK TO CLASS with YOU!!!...

It wouldn't be a thread if we didn't have off topic talk about Vaginas and Adam's butt hole. I am surprised we made it 7 pages without mention the theme park he calls an anus.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

So all in all for my accord (2.2 vtec). I got my quotes from EA, mechman, and singer, but they are all around 200 -225 max. I'd still like that dc 250-270 xp. Anyone tested the slippage in real life yet? I'd like to trust what a sales rep says but I trust real life reviews. Just saying

We are talking Civic's it would be totally different in the Accord I think you guys have a little more space to work with. Also different belt size IIRC.

I SEE SCOOTER you better comment and lend some of your civic knowledge and civic tips/tricks. A few Civic DIY's would be nice too.

I just had to read through all 7 pages dick! Why didn't you tell me this was up!?

Post the headlight DIY you did if you still have it and maybe show off that sexy ass SQ build you know which one I am talking about.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Direct from dc power

On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:13 PM, DC Power Engineering Sales <[email protected]> wrote:

====== Please reply above this line ======

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We're using a large case application when it comes to these units, we also have a contact with Denso for large hairpin stators. The large pin stators are made for vehicle that are more industrialized like Sprinter Vans and other applications, but what we do here is actually make it fit into smaller vehicles for example like your Civics. We do in fact use OEM components when it comes to regulators to ensure the best quality possible when it comes to durability, everything is compliant with the onboard computer. I've sold a few of these and I haven't had any complaints about belt slip, I'll try to get some documentation from one of the customers for your research. If you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thank you.

-----------------------

Best Regards,

Anthony Ledesma

Direct: (951) 373-3791

Local: (951) 509-5617

Toll Free: (888) 441-0144 Ext: 205

Fax: (951) 509-4517

Ticket History

jonathan l holcomb (Client) Posted On: 13 August 2012 07:00 PM

a few of us 8thgen civic guys have been trying to understand some things about the various company's making alt for our cars, (EA, DC, Mechman, Singer)

We are curious how DC Power can make a 250a and 270a alternator but almost every other company only makes them in the 170-225a range.

Just curious trying to understand how one company can make it so big but the other 3-4 companies cant, I've yet to see or hear anyone who has the DC power 250 or 270a unit on a 8th gen civic, here is the two i am referring to: https://www.dcpowerinc.com/high-output-alternators/xp-series-high-output-alternators.html?make=Honda&model=Civic&year=2006&engine=1.8L+I4+R18A

Has it been tested? How is belt slip when under load?

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: GNG-482-11274

Department: Wanting To Purchase/Vehicle Not Listed On Website

Type: Issue/Question

Priority: Medium

Support Center: https://support.dcpowerinc.com/index.php?

Archived