Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

86-89 Honda Accord with 2.0 EFI (hatcback) Which Gen is that anyway?

Upgrading the alt is going to be tough. Very small alt and you will have limited options. Big three will be tough as the alt bolt is on top the alt and under a lot of things. A universal and a 10mm socket with a 12" extension will help here. Factory grounds are horrible. Looks like 12ga to me but is labelled as 8ga.

Doors: 6 1/2 plastic factory adapter required. If these are lost or broke you will have to make your own as the holes in the doors are tear drop shaped. The factory adapters are also to shallow for any decent speaker to not hit the window mechanism.

Rear pods: 5 1/4 factory cutouts. Again, kinda shallow can be easily modified to handle a 6 1/2 ( maybe an 8" with some fiberglass work). You also have the "rear deck". Some carpeted 1/8" plywood wit 6x9 cutouts)

My opinion on the door panels is this, they are flat, big and easy to remove. I think that just taking the handles and top trim off the factory panels and making new would be the most economical and may allow for an 8" and a pair of 6 1/2's fairly easy.

Alternator quotes I have received. I tried Singer several times and never got a response from them. Will try Excessive Amperage and see what they have then update this.

Mechman;

150a unit for $449 + shipping, 220a unit for $549 + shipping. Both are 2-year warranty, bolt-in units.

DC Power

The highest amperages I can offer you is 180 for $409.95

I know that max width is 34" between the rear wheel wells. I will post some more measurements later.

The spare tire well is deep enough to hold a battery under the rear carpet, may two-three if you take a rubber mallet and flatten out the sides a bit

Plenty of little knock-outs in this car for switches or w/e

I don't see any were under this car to safely run wire. Most likely your wire is going under the carpet.

2.4l (k-24) power plant here........ running a HO alty, with no slip at all........

want pics of belt wrap???...... or, anything i can do to chime in or help.,... Just hollar my friends...

I do understand im probably not the norm... when it comes to the Honda power plant....

accord tsx or crv?

Acura TSX.... 07

(sorry bro,.. i did not see this reply)

dont even worry about it I was hoping there would be another crv owner on this site other than me and knowledge

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

86-89 Honda Accord with 2.0 EFI (hatcback) Which Gen is that anyway?

Upgrading the alt is going to be tough. Very small alt and you will have limited options. Big three will be tough as the alt bolt is on top the alt and under a lot of things. A universal and a 10mm socket with a 12" extension will help here. Factory grounds are horrible. Looks like 12ga to me but is labelled as 8ga.

Doors: 6 1/2 plastic factory adapter required. If these are lost or broke you will have to make your own as the holes in the doors are tear drop shaped. The factory adapters are also to shallow for any decent speaker to not hit the window mechanism.

Rear pods: 5 1/4 factory cutouts. Again, kinda shallow can be easily modified to handle a 6 1/2 ( maybe an 8" with some fiberglass work). You also have the "rear deck". Some carpeted 1/8" plywood wit 6x9 cutouts)

My opinion on the door panels is this, they are flat, big and easy to remove. I think that just taking the handles and top trim off the factory panels and making new would be the most economical and may allow for an 8" and a pair of 6 1/2's fairly easy.

Alternator quotes I have received. I tried Singer several times and never got a response from them. Will try Excessive Amperage and see what they have then update this.

Mechman;

150a unit for $449 + shipping, 220a unit for $549 + shipping. Both are 2-year warranty, bolt-in units.

DC Power

The highest amperages I can offer you is 180 for $409.95

I know that max width is 34" between the rear wheel wells. I will post some more measurements later.

The spare tire well is deep enough to hold a battery under the rear carpet, may two-three if you take a rubber mallet and flatten out the sides a bit

Plenty of little knock-outs in this car for switches or w/e

I don't see any were under this car to safely run wire. Most likely your wire is going under the carpet.

Im not 100%...................found this on wik

The third generation Accord was introduced in Japan on June 4, 1985 and in Europe and North America in 1986...............Third generation (1986–1989)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Accord

Big A,

I have a single 12 in my trunk right now check out my build its in my sig. Single custom built 12 box is around 2.5 cubes tuned to 35hz IIRC on a Soundstream Tarantula

Im not sure of the DIM's we are talking about. I do know my TSX is quite a small lil ride. The boot size is OK. 2-12" drivers, box is about 3.8cf total. and i can still toss in 2 sets of golf clubs.

Id like to see some one port either up through the read deck. Mine vibrates like a bitch anyway, and i would like to cut most of it out, and vent there, also go to a cabin fire direction. Or, porting through the "ski pole hole" would be neat to do, or see........

Here's a little something I designed for mine before we decided to sell it. It's a ported 12 in the rear deck, enclosure sits on top of a drawer bank for the amps. Didn't go out any further than what you have there in the 2 12's ported back.

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinishedUpper.jpg

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinished.jpg

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinishedLower.jpg

If for some crazy reason we decide to keep it, I'm thinking I may loose the 12, and go to a dual 10 set up in the rear deck. I've done test fitting and the 10's will fit easily.

Big A,

I have a single 12 in my trunk right now check out my build its in my sig. Single custom built 12 box is around 2.5 cubes tuned to 35hz IIRC on a Soundstream Tarantula

Im not sure of the DIM's we are talking about. I do know my TSX is quite a small lil ride. The boot size is OK. 2-12" drivers, box is about 3.8cf total. and i can still toss in 2 sets of golf clubs.

Id like to see some one port either up through the read deck. Mine vibrates like a bitch anyway, and i would like to cut most of it out, and vent there, also go to a cabin fire direction. Or, porting through the "ski pole hole" would be neat to do, or see........

Here's a little something I designed for mine before we decided to sell it. It's a ported 12 in the rear deck, enclosure sits on top of a drawer bank for the amps. Didn't go out any further than what you have there in the 2 12's ported back.

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinishedUpper.jpg

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinished.jpg

AmpRackandSubEnclosureFinishedLower.jpg

If for some crazy reason we decide to keep it, I'm thinking I may loose the 12, and go to a dual 10 set up in the rear deck. I've done test fitting and the 10's will fit easily.

That's very well thought out .... Clever. I dig that a lot. I do like the 2-10's idea more......... Nice, bro.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was planning on getting a 12 inch Obsidian Audio built into a ported box, facing forward with a sealed off wall. I started thinking why not get a 15 & give it the same power (800 watts) with the same type of enclosure?? Does it look like a ported 15 box will work from the websites recommended specs or would I be better off doing a 12?? I dont want to use up the entire trunk, maybe half IF thats possible. 01 Civic Sedan

the subs

http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

Review from an 8thgen civic owner, via DC Power

Here is the review as promised from an 8th Gen Civic owner:

What a fantastic product. I originally purchased a high output alternator

from powerbastards and was utterly disappointed with the power output. My

quad HID lights would flicker, I could not run my A/C at idle without the

battery light coming on, and I had static interference with my stereo

system. Worst of all I could not use my remote start without it cutting off

after a minute. I got my XP alternator installed yesterday and all my

problems were solved. All is working great with plenty of power to spare.

Yesterday I conducted a test. I remote started my vehicle, had the A/C and

stereo blasting with my HID lights on (brights). I ran the car for 15

minutes and the entire time the volt meter on my capacitor consistently

read 14.1 volts. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase. The install was

simple and the adapter fits perfectly. Overall I am extremely happy with my

purchase. Thank you DC power for your wonderful product which has helped

get my car back to the way it should be working!!

Should I add a epicenter bass restoration to my 4 - 10' L7,s in sealed box , 1400w amp. I mainly listen to rap and a lot of old school rap/ hip-hop. Will I hit harder or no difference on rap, or make my bass crappy?

for that type of music you prob wouldn't notice much difference

Archived