The way I see it, if you ever need to draw a .380 (which I presume would mean you intend to use it) you will likely be less than 5 feet from your attacker. (according to statistics) At that range anyone who has practiced with their weapon will be able to place at least 1-2 shots in someone's dome. When I go to the range I practice controlled rapid fire of 4 rounds to the heart and 2 round to the head at 10 feet.

The way I see it, if you ever need to draw a .380 (which I presume would mean you intend to use it) you will likely be less than 5 feet from your attacker. (according to statistics) At that range anyone who has practiced with their weapon will be able to place at least 1-2 shots in someone's dome. When I go to the range I practice controlled rapid fire of 4 rounds to the heart and 2 round to the head at 10 feet.

GOOD LUCK... You have obviously NEVER been in a life/death situation with having to use your weapon to save your life... I have on more than 1 occasion and i will say that with NO hesitation trying to shoot someones head that is moving is a damn near impossible task when your heart is racing and adrenaline is pumping and worst of all is the TUNNEL vision... SO FUCK taking a chance with a head shot put all your shots center mass because its the largest target and most easy to acquire

/ rant

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

GOOD LUCK... You have obviously NEVER been in a life/death situation with having to use your weapon to save your life... I have on more than 1 occasion and i will say that with NO hesitation trying to shoot someones head that is moving is a damn near impossible task when your heart is racing and adrenaline is pumping and worst of all is the TUNNEL vision... SO FUCK taking a chance with a head shot put all your shots center mass because its the largest target and most easy to acquire

/ rant

Ive been in a couple of situations where I've had the adrenaline rush, and I completely agree with you. Unless you have a borderline disgusting amount of training under pressure chances are you will miss. When you get the rush it's almost as if you have no control over your body, everything is fast forward and slow motion at the same time.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

In regards to the above, as I have said before, paraphrasing Clint Smith,if you ever plan on using your weapon( be it, baton, knife, taser, firearm), Train, train some more, then train a little bit and aim for excellence, because if you need to use it, you'll be mediocre at best.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

nd I agree with Bobby on the whole head shot thing, good luck with that skippy.... Id be more worried about perfecting double taps to center mass. Counting on being able to place a headshot under these circumstances is a silly notion at best. A quick double set to the chest is going to change anyones attitude really fast, and if they are still a threat after that, another set or 2 will absolutely solve your problems.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

nd I agree with Bobby on the whole head shot thing, good luck with that skippy.... Id be more worried about perfecting double taps to center mass. Counting on being able to place a headshot under these circumstances is a silly notion at best. A quick double set to the chest is going to change anyones attitude really fast, and if they are still a threat after that, another set or 2 will absolutely solve your problems.

Couldnt said it better myself... I was a little more aggravated when i let mine go lol... You know they have High Cap magazines for a reason... Best advice i can give is SHOOT until the THREAT is neutralized... That doesnt necessarily mean kill the person but you put enough hits on target to cause them to stop advancing toward/threatening you at the point you can stop slingin lead

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

I understand all of that LT but I do train quite a bit and take classes several times a year. I was also in the Army, and understand how adrenaline and fear can change a situation but that is why I practice so hopefully if ever needed my skills will be prevalent.

I understand all of that LT but I do train quite a bit and take classes several times a year. I was also in the Army, and understand how adrenaline and fear can change a situation but that is why I practice so hopefully if ever needed my skills will be prevalent.

Thats all well and good that you train but any GOOD trainer will instill in you to aim for center mass shots because the likelihood of a hit is MUCH greater and obviously the MORE times you hit your target then the better chance you have of effectively stopping the threat faster... Not to mention there are PLENTY of area in the COM and torso area that are going to be effective stop points such Chest and Hip Region... But hey if you want to train to aim for the head then more power to you i just hope that if you ever encounter that DYNAMIC situation you are able to hit your target

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

.380 will never become obsolete

was is that caliber that was said to be the perfect mix between something and something, not to get off topic, but i remember i think n8 or someone else posting about a dudes analysis on .380's or something of the sort.

i might have said that. I dont exactly remeber saying it but it does sound like something i would say. .380 gets a bad rep for not having the bullet technology behind it 20 years ago when CC truely started picking up speed. Because the bullets of the time could not perform well with the velocities of the .380 many industry people began to say it was not suffiecient for self defense. Well, IMO it wasnt true then and it sure isnt true now. The standard load for a .380 is a 90-95 gr bullet at 1000FPS. Compared to the 115 gr 9mm coming out at 1300FPS. That's a 20% increase in mass and a 30% increase in velocity. Now on paper teh 9mm wins, no question. But as stated earlier, in a truely defensive scenario your maximum range will be less than 20 FEET!

Proper shot placement is much more crucial than the two factors above. As a matter of fact some will rest on heavy and faster to get them by poor shooting. Also, recoil of a 9mm will be greater than that of a .380, so this make effect the choice of caliber use by the individual.

As always many factors will determine what you choose but one variable should not, Training!

I rather my wife carry a .380 that she can hit the mark with every time than a hi cap 9mm that gets more shots off target and more liability in the air!

And 4 the record, my wife carries a Ruger LCR in .357

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• 3 weeks later...

Archived