I've always told myself as soon as I turn 21 I was going to get my concealed weapons permit and a pistol.

I've been 21 for 5 months now and haven't had the motivation or money to get it, but after that Colorado shooting I'm really starting to consider it again.

I was talking to one of my friends and step dad about it and my friend thinks I should get an 9mm compact, but my step Dad thinks I should get an .38 revolver. He thinks that it'll be easier to conceal and has less of a chance to jam. It's also smaller and lighter so it'll be less of a burden to carry on me all the time.

I need to get a car first (I have the money, I'm just really picky lol) but right after that I'm going to get a second job, and then save up to get the CCW/Pistol shortly after that.

I was thinking of something like this: Ruger LCR

Later on I'll get something bigger that I'll try to carry on me as much as possible, along with the .38. That way if it jams, I wont be stranded with a paper weight and will have a back up. Something like one of these two:

Compact 1911 .45

Glock 20 10mm

All I've ever shot were my friends rifles (Ar-15, AK-47, M1-Garand) but they have pistols so I'll have to get with them and get comfortable with pistols before actively carrying around mine.

Anyone have any suggestions for me before I go out and do this?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Perhaps take a few classes. I know most gun shops have them. They're more for the "noobies" as it's things like how to hold the pistol, how to aim, how to do everything. But they do offer advanced classes (again, most places do) and if you're unsure about anything, think that'd be the place that'd either teach you or let you get the most familiarity with pistols.

Sheena = pedobear

I like the revolvers because of simplicity,durability and it'll feed any ammo. They are easy to operate in a high stress situation. And after you become a good shot a good 38 round with hollow points will drop damn near anyone.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

there is a world of difference from a 38 to a 1911 compact to a glock 20. that 1911 i would pass on. its just not up to snuff of some of the other ones. You can get a remington R1 for about 200 bucks more and its head and shoulders above that.

the glock 20 is enormous. I own one and I rarely carry it because its so big. Its a full sized pistol thats also a doublestack so its big thick and heavy.

If you want a pistol find a good gun store and try some on. Go in handle it. check the balance check the feel it has to feel right.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

A glock 27 is a solid compact .40. Small and easy to conceal. Also glock's are solid guns and rarely jam.

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

Depending on your banna hands, or your little sisters hands.....hard for us to say.

If I was serious, and laying down the cash....

I'd go to my favorite local Gs, and man handle em all,.. Shoot the comfy ones, and buy my favorite. With concealment in mind... Just me.

Good luck,..

oh also I dont think I could comfortably conceal a G20. Im 6 foot 200lbs and its too much gun to try it with. maybe shoulder holster under a coat but you are in florida too that doesnt really fly.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

oh also I dont think I could comfortably conceal a G20. Im 6 foot 200lbs and its too much gun to try it with. maybe shoulder holster under a coat but you are in florida too that doesnt really fly.

Right,

If the piece you choose to carry, wont "conceal",... or you dont really care for it, so you dont like to "carry" it,..... then,... there goes the entire point. No?

First I would suggest skipping the revolver. Yes they are small, light, and easy to conceal along with the fact you dont have to worry about them jamming but it also leaves you with 5-6 rounds depending on what you get and speed loades are bulky and a pain to carry. As for the 1911 and G20, as was already mentioned they are a pain to conceal and if I'm not mistaken Florida is really strict on concealment (when I did my Florida and Utah permit classes we were taught that you can be charged with brandishing just for printing). I would do like others suggested and go to a shop and handle many different guns to see what fits your hands best. When you find what you like see if you can shoot it and make your choice from that. After you make your purchase buy many different self defense rounds and see which ones give you the least issues and you can get consistent groupings with. One last thing to keep in mind before making your purchase is ammo cost. See what calibers fit your budget and don't just get the biggest caliber you can. Any caliber will get the job done if you know what you are doing (I regularly carry a Keltec P3AT .380 without worry) so PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

You can also look into Rock Island for the 45's they are in the same price range you were looking at and they have proven themselves to be very great weapons for a minimal price tag. They do make compact Rock 45's...

If you want a 40 cal semi auto either the G23 or G27 would work rather well... I would lean more towards the G23 because it is a larger frame so the recoil wont be as snappy as the baby G27

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived