Second Skin Audio

square port

porting the rear deck of my Impala, subs will be firing into the cabbin . Subs are two 15" xl m1's on a Crescendo 3kwp. My question is since the port won't be connected to any walls of the box can i still use the calc to figure out the port area? In other words what i'm asking is when your doing a standard slot port your normally using the side wall or the top and bottom of the box as part of your port, what i'm wanting to do is come thru the top center of the box with a partially external port thru my rear deck and i wasn't sure how to figure this out with the calc. I currently have two LVL4 15's firing into the cabin with 4 4" aeros in the rear deck but i'm thinking i could get a little more port with a square/slot port than the aeros due to the flares. Any help with this would be greatly apprciated, and if the square/slot port isn't going to get much more than what i have now than i'll just stick with what i know.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Wont the port take up the same amount of airspace regardless? Hmmm maybe it will be off one side by 3/4 so you might have to accomodate that but Im not sure..Im tuned in for an answer.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thank's for chiming in Kranny, so i could just plug my numbers into the calc and hit 0 for common port walls and should be good as far as ware i place the port on the top of the box? and in your opinion what do you suggest tuning these to i was thinking 33HZ it's a daily ?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

I think it's gonna be hard to tune that low with proper port area if you're porting through the deck. but yeah 33-35 should be good

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Wont the port take up the same amount of airspace regardless? Hmmm maybe it will be off one side by 3/4 so you might have to accomodate that but Im not sure..Im tuned in for an answer.

no, because the thickness of mdf will be different, rather than sharing a wall of the box.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The lvl 4's sound great and get low with the aeros, the box i have in there now is tuned to 32.5 but i could only get 4 of the aeros in the deck because of the flares i wanted to do 5 but they just wouldn't fit. I figure i would look into the slot port and see if i could get more port area this way figure it would be worth looking into.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Thank's for chiming in Kranny, so i could just plug my numbers into the calc and hit 0 for common port walls and should be good as far as ware i place the port on the top of the box? and in your opinion what do you suggest tuning these to i was thinking 33HZ it's a daily ?

33 should be perfect, im running 2 m1 xls on about the same power, 6.5 cubes with 2 6in aeros tuned to 31hz, plays down to about 25hz with authority, but i do loose some upper bass notes.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/