Sundown Audio

Just to be clear

CDetty

So basically youre only saying to a SQ judge, it looks better, not that matching brand subs and amp actually increase SQ performance?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

So basically youre only saying to a SQ judge, it looks better, not that matching brand subs and amp actually increase SQ performance?

Correct ... Matching properly installed equipment just "Looks better" verses several different brands all piled up on a amp rack with no wire covers ...

I'm no where perfect by "ANY" means, but all my equipment matches and all my wires are hidden before a show ...

... Better "SQ" performance would mainly "TO ME" depend on installation, port tuning and application, sub driver choice with adequate amplifier power (headroom) ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

from his post explaining SQ scoring...he is saying that matching sub/amps are more pleasing to the eye....

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

from his post explaining SQ scoring...he is saying that matching sub/amps are more pleasing to the eye....

exactly

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I would like to challenge that statement, obviously theres alway going to be a more expensive amp than sundown but there is also cheaper.

If you look at what AMI stated almost 9K for less than $1600. Also If all amps were around the price range Crescendo wouldnt be a favorite for people with budgets. Not saying anything negative just that theres always differences not in just price but also quality. Myself i rather pay a few extra for good quality.

I have my 2 E12's on my rockford T500-1bdcp. They absolutely love what they are getting which I would say is about 700w.

I would recommend you get a 1000w rms amplifier, they seem like they could take more but idk if they will take 1500w rms, its your call but I know they get plenty loud off of less than rms power.

Imo I think its mostly in the enclosure, my prefab I had and this box I just built is a night and day difference in extension, response, and power handling.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Remind me never to compete in SQ, the judges are obviously all biased by how the scoring is explained.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.