Second Skin Audio

Need advice on subs/box for a tractor trailer

Phototini_xB

Yep. And just remember, no matter how u go that damned box is still well over 200 lbs with sub attached.

LOL thanks for reminding me. It's gonna suck putting it in but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Lol it is. I'm just never gonna take my box out unless i destroy it

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Lol it is. I'm just never gonna take my box out unless i destroy it

I just wish my boss would switch my truck out already. I don't have room in my peterbilt for anything really so I'm just waiting now.

Lol thats no fun. Hope u get a good truck soon I wanna see a build :)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Never thought of putting subs in mine. Long nose Pete 373 #1 button 23 speed no gov triple digit black coal demon :) . I miss her now. Absolutle tuned in for this build if you get around to it. You could run the talk back through the system. That would be interesteing. Be safe and whatch out for full growns plus the favorite chicken coops :) :) .

I work for the company that supplys FL all of their OEM audio systems (I actually am a resident engineer at Peterbilt doing all of their audio systems).

Keep in mind that most aftermarket radios will not even last a year in a class 8 truck.

The new Peterbilt model 587 updated interior will have 2 10" subs under the bunk. Sounds pretty darn good for a budget OEM system.

PM me some contact info and I will see what we can do if you are interested in one of the dual 10" subs. With just a small ~300 watt amp, it really does a good job of just adding some nice blended bass to a factory system.

Brian

Don't mean to thread jack but when did they started installing systems like that in large cars. My radios lasted just over a year driving otr after the third pioneer and clarion decks went cheep. Less time when end dump driving. So have they came up with a way to isolate the head units from all the vibrations? Sorry again just wanted to know.

At my work we fit either alpine or gme

Alpine for road trucks and gme for road trains and off road trucks,

Even the MAN comes factory with a 10" behind driver and 6.5" splits in the doors with tweeter in the A-pillar

For a stock radio it's pretty good

Isuzu come out with the crapest radio and it's an odd side double din, but can still be changed.

Where I work, (for a dealer) we just fit what ever the customer wants, where ever they want it,

At my work we fit either alpine or gme

Alpine for road trucks and gme for road trains and off road trucks,

Even the MAN comes factory with a 10" behind driver and 6.5" splits in the doors with tweeter in the A-pillar

For a stock radio it's pretty good

Isuzu come out with the crapest radio and it's an odd side double din, but can still be changed.

Where I work, (for a dealer) we just fit what ever the customer wants, where ever they want it,

Cool didn't know that thanks. Sure wish it was around when I was still driving. But my old TD still drives and is needing a radio that will last more than a few months. He's a live hauler now.

Archived