Sonic Electronix

Great video man, now you mentioned amplifier circuitry that battles impedance rise. What is the name of that circuitry?. Seems the amplifier would be more important in this than a box, because the amp would fight it at all frequencies right?. After watching the video it does seem unless you are a spl burp competitor its almost a waste of time to worry about impedance rise caused by the enclosure.

Amplifiers have an output impedance which will controls the voltage drop on the voice coils. To have a flat voltage, this output impedance must be low. The lower, the better.

This is often called "Damping Factor"

I believe the RF CP has a firmware which controls a dynamic output impedance and can adjust output current in real time.

I think JL Audio has what they call a Impedance control in one of thier amplifier models. Concensus seems its more for marketing, and that the RF brains are actually on to something. Again,... great shit Ed.

Edited by KyLar96

Thank you Ed!

Keep making videos like this. You're a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you sharing with us! :good:

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

good info, i knew some of this stuff, but had no clue how it worked..now I have a better grasp

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

what does a donk board have to do with a impedance rise?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X