Sonic Electronix

Details:

Kenwood 440mu Head unit

Alpine mrp m1000 amp (2 or 4 ohm) Monoblock

JL 10w6v2 Sub (2 or 8 ohm)

Trouble shooting:

Ohms read at amp with sub hooked up (1.5-1.9 ohm)

Ohms read at sub (2.0)

Gain at amp adjusted 43 Volts

Using largest gage whire possible for power and ground

Volts at remote on 10v

Problem: The sub keeps kicking off but the power light is still on at the amp. The amp is warm (not hot) and the system will play for a while and then stop. when I turn everything off and then back on it will work again for a while. I have an aux input into the deck that has my portable satelite pluged into it. It is extremly frustraiting. I do not want to go out and replace all three to find out it is only one component. Looking for any help or guidance. The equipment is in my boat and it is run on a seperate battery.

a shot in the dark, but do you have a voltage gauge hooked up at all? what is your voltage like? and i might be wrong, but i think with those amps, they will go into protect but the blue light will stay on. at least on my brothers alpine m500

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Sounds like your amp is protecting. What size wire for power and ground? And don't say the biggest possible.

Might need to turn the gain down.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Well first off you listed gain at 43 volts! Really? I wish I had 43 volts to play with! Lol. But I think you need a voltage meter. You could be dipping below what your amp reguires for voltage.

Your gain isn't 43v, most top out at .2v-8v. I think you are talking about output voltage (AC?) by the speaker terminals which is how you set your gain.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The gage of the wire is 4 gage and chevyBoy95 you were correct on the voltage. The output 43v at the speaker side with a 60hz tone and 80 percent volume. Addtionaly everything was set flat to include the eq that everything goes through. I am not sure how to check the other voltage (using a multi meter hooked to what?) . I noticed yesterday that I was able to play it real hard for 30 minutes (the amp got hot) but did not shut off until I switched music folders on the the USB that has all my music on it. It seems that the problem realy occurs when the engine is running.

Hook the meter to the positive and ground on your amp and monitor the dc voltage while playing music for a period of time and see how low the voltage will drop. If it goes down to 12ish volts and below into the 11's while playing full tilt that is causing the amp to protect.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

severancej, Thanks for the help (along witht the others). I hooked the multimeter to the pos and neg and it is reading 12 and down to 11 (occasionaly droping into the high 10s). Is there something I can do? Also the Amp gets really hot (Alpine monoblock MR 1000). I have to have it loud to compensate for wind noise while driving (the system is in my boat).

Ok you need something to maintain the battery I'm not familiar with boats though..you might need to do something like a couple xs power batteries and a xs charger then you could have the charge last you while your out on the water.

You definitely don't want to keep letting the system do what its doing, this will cause something to be damaged.most likely the amp or subwoofer. Discharging the battery like that can damage it also.

Good luck man.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors